Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 09:53 PM

Default 5/10: Go passive or go aggressive?

Bt is very agressive. 5-6 handed stats like 40/30
BB is very loose and very passive 60/3

5/10 Hold'em (3 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero...

Plans if the turn's a Q?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: 5/10: Go passive or go aggressive?

I'd go passive with the caveat that I'm only a marginal winner. Encourage him to keep (semi-)bluffing if we're ahead. Maybe the metagame of it sucks tho?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:16 PM

Id go passive on the flop. If a Q turned I would continue with the passive line to get BB overcalling with little.

What if the turn is a heart?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:41 PM

Well if a heart comes we want to keep BB in.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:41 PM

it's tough to tell from just numbers. there are some 40/30 guys with whom i'd love to go multiple bets here(especially with fish coming along). against others it's a pretty easy call down. default is probably call down i guess.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:59 PM

I vote aggressive. For one thing very aggro 40/30 players usually don't fastplay big hands so I think we're only really behind A8-AJ. Granted that's a significant # of combos but presumably he's raising lots of other hands too. I also don't think the standard "he never folds anything we want him to" argument really applies here re: SB as a lot of players won't call w/ Qx or a gutshot for 2 cold vs. this action. Throw in the chance of the turn getting checked thru and the risk of losing an extra small bet when we lose by 3betting in a pot this size seems relatively harmless.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:06 PM

I'm with Mcguy.

I'm wondering what's the worst Ax hand you guys 3 bet PF in this spot? What about suited? Seems like we're going to be 3 way OOP alot with a [censored] hand if we miss.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote aggressive. For one thing very aggro 40/30 players usually don't fastplay big hands so I think we're only really behind A8-AJ. Granted that's a significant # of combos but presumably he's raising lots of other hands too. I also don't think the standard "he never folds anything we want him to" argument really applies here re: SB as a lot of players won't call w/ Qx or a gutshot for 2 cold vs. this action. Throw in the chance of the turn getting checked thru and the risk of losing an extra small bet when we lose by 3betting in a pot this size seems relatively harmless.

[/ QUOTE ]

You 3-bet both call. The turn's a Q. You bet. BB folds. BT raises...

I really don't want to calldown here, which is why I'm questioning the flop play.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with Mcguy.

I'm wondering what's the worst Ax hand you guys 3 bet PF in this spot? What about suited? Seems like we're going to be 3 way OOP alot with a [censored] hand if we miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well A5=A6 so A5. BB does fold a good percent of hands here. like 50-60% probably. I wouldn't always do it either.

Also A6 is not a [censored] hand against a guy that probably openning 60% and a super fish.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:23 PM

Fine to fold as long as your flop 3betting range has enough strong hands worth calling down, so you won't be exploited here when you do fold the weaker hands.