Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Neteller Alternatives Info

[ QUOTE ]
I just tried to sign up for a solid pay account. After validating my email I got this.

[ QUOTE ]

Our systems have been able to successfully authenticate your account data.
A SolidPay agent will review your request and respond to you as soon as possible. In the mean time, if you have any questions or concerns, check out the SolidPay web site at

http://solidpay.com

or contact our support staff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if they're gonna call me or what.

[/ QUOTE ]

This option interests me. What the hell is it? The tour option wouldn't work when I tried.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I asked WSEX about neteller deposits and they said, try their new deposit method...."solid play ." I briefly looked at it, but didn't sign up yet, seems like neteller though. Anyone try it yet.

[/ QUOTE ] FYP
Old 01-18-2007, 12:03 PM

You are crazy to place money with ePassporte - they are based in Curacao ( try finding that on their website) and are unregulated. And they have already scammed poker sites who pulled out of the USA by not returning cash in transit.

Neteller is the best player in the market with monies segregated in trust accounts under Isle of Man Regs. This will push an avalanche of money into shady outfits. What a joke!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are crazy to place money with ePassporte - they are based in Curacao ( try finding that on their website) and are unregulated. And they have already scammed poker sites who pulled out of the USA by not returning cash in transit.

Neteller is the best player in the market with monies segregated in trust accounts under Isle of Man Regs. This will push an avalanche of money into shady outfits. What a joke!

[/ QUOTE ]

link to allegations
Old 01-18-2007, 12:42 PM

Ok. Solidpay made my account and emailed me about it. It seems like it's Neteller. However there's one bad thing, compared to Neteller. The only way of withdrawing funds from your Solidpay account is via check or bank draft that they either mail or Fedex to you. Fedex costs ~$27. I don't remember the exact number because I closed the support chat window I had open.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:49 PM

Better get used to paper checks

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. Solidpay made my account and emailed me about it. It seems like it's Neteller. However there's one bad thing, compared to Neteller. The only way of withdrawing funds from your Solidpay account is via check or bank draft that they either mail or Fedex to you. Fedex costs ~$27. I don't remember the exact number because I closed the support chat window I had open.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-18-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FedEx is all kinds of expensive out of Canada and even moreso out of Quebec for some reason. I get post/mail from Montreal in 4 business days typically (I am in Chicago)

Probably not the best place to ask this but somebody mentioned that Solidplay had some link to Bodog? Any confrmation on this? From the two articles I read it seems to be a Canadian group of former bankers. And, yes I know little of Calvin Ayre except his ads.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:59 PM

Geez I signed up with solidpay just to see that FAQ that they only allow members to see...for whatever reason.. and apparently I have to verify the online payment method thingy or w/e just to login.

Im not liking this so far.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:18 PM

Would it be possible/plausible to open a bank account in say Canada, and just keep using Neteller? Would you need to provide an address outside of the USA?
Old 01-18-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, what a cocked up mess. FWIW I've used eChecks at PS for the last 4 months without problems (depositing or withdrawing - I use BofA). No fees, instant deposits, 2 days on the withdrawals. No clue how long this might last. At this point I really wonder how difficult it would be to simply open a non-America bank account...

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh. BofA? Do you mind trying to make a deposit now?