Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Skip Bayless is the stupidest man alive

[ QUOTE ]
You agree that he 'wills in three-pointers?'

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, scratch that sentence from what I agree with. But his point about LeBron going to the next level only if he gets a consistent jumper is valid.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:54 PM

Him and Marriotti have to be running 1-2 for worst sports writers in the country. Around the Horn is unwatchable with either on there.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rosen

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap. I mean, holy crap. AND then i figure it out
"Charley Rosen, a former coach in the Continental Basketball Association"

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what's so bad about the article. He DOES say that Lebron could be a star. He merely points out his weaknesses (left hand; defense), weaknesses that most people agree that Lebron has. Nowhere does he say that Lebron will be "average".

[/ QUOTE ]

lebron is awesome with his left hand. he drives and finishes crazy layups lefty routinely.

the other problem with the article is the ridiculous assertion that lebron is lazy and basically a cherrypicker.

maybe this stuff was true back then.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rosen

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap. I mean, holy crap. AND then i figure it out
"Charley Rosen, a former coach in the Continental Basketball Association"

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what's so bad about the article. He DOES say that Lebron could be a star. He merely points out his weaknesses (left hand; defense), weaknesses that most people agree that Lebron has. Nowhere does he say that Lebron will be "average".

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't the column where he claimed Lebron would be an average player; it was a throwaway comment in another column. I can't seem to find it right now, but he and plenty of other readers remember it:

link

[/ QUOTE ]

At the bottom

"A note to long-suffering Cavaliers' fans: Don't get caught in the LeBron James pipe dream. The best King James can ever be is an average NBA player."
Old 05-23-2006, 02:22 PM

I've known that Skip Bayless was a complete fool ever since he predicted the Padres would beat the Cardinals in the first round of the MLB playoffs last year.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"A note to long-suffering Cavaliers' fans: Don't get caught in the LeBron James pipe dream. The best King James can ever be is an average NBA player."

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy should have his hands amputated so he can never type again.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy should have his hands amputated so he can never type again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever, so he was wrong about this. It's not like he continues to insist he was right and that LeBron is insanely overrated, like some writers would. That's much more annoying. He made a prediction, but it was wrong.

Also, there's always the Joe Morgan style of never actually answering anything: "Well, it's hard to know how young players will develop. If he keeps working, he could be a great player. But he could flame out. But you never really know. It depends on a lot of things. We just don't know yet."
Old 05-23-2006, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've known that Skip Bayless was a complete fool ever since he predicted the Padres would beat the Cardinals in the first round of the MLB playoffs last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the list of reasons to think somebody is dumb- a prediction about a 5 game series isn't one of them.

Plus everybody else knew he was retarded for like 10 years before that.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:17 PM

Bill Simmons:

[ QUOTE ]
Was anyone else disappointed that Skip Bayless wrote a "LeBron choked!" column instead of a "Barbaro choked!" column on Monday? Barbaro had a chance to go down in history -- instead, he chose to splatter his leg all over the track in front of 25,000 horrified fans. Some horses embrace the pressure, other horses run from it. Or in Barbaro's case, limp from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahhahaha
Old 05-23-2006, 07:26 PM

you did read his column like, last week, right, where he said htat lebron was going to get swept or 5 games'd out of the playoffs and "that would make him a better player in the long run" right? after he was so incredibly, incredibly wrong about that, he needed to find some other way of making it all lebron's fault anyway.

his logic for "why they would get swept" was that he hasn't progressed far enough.

thus his logic for why he couldn't win this series playing by himself was not "wow, he played a 1 on 5 game for most of this series, and still took one of the 3 best teams in the league to 7 games.

"couldn't shut the door in game 6" could very easilly be "were only in it in game 6" because of lebron.

skip is a pathetic human being.

does lebron have further upside potential? yes.

why he needs to write much more than that last couplet is beyond me. it's not "lebron's fault" his team blows. it's lebron's fault that his team is vaguely in contention.

citanul