Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Boston Celtics \'07-\'08 Banner 17 Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try to hold out to at least training camp? It'd end up being 85% Cs talk anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
I seriously doubt it. Isn't training camp like in a week anyway?

I defer to tdarko to start the thread cuz I inadvertently started one that he already had going last season. It's not like I'm hot for being a thread starter (nor is he) but I felt kinda bad for that one...

[/ QUOTE ]

To continue the hijack:

Do we want to do one season-long thread again? Month-by-month might be a good option.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try to hold out to at least training camp? It'd end up being 85% Cs talk anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I defer to tdarko to start the thread cuz I inadvertently started one that he already had going last season. It's not like I'm hot for being a thread starter (nor is he) but I felt kinda bad for that one...

[/ QUOTE ]

To continue the hijack:

Do we want to do one season-long thread again? Month-by-month might be a good option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care either way. I'm just ready for it. [censored] baseball and football.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To continue the hijack:

[/ QUOTE ]
Honestly man, I never understood the problem with a SINGLE thread. We all liked each other anyway, so it was a nice continuum (except until the playoffs when a few idiots showed up).

How is a monthly thread different from a season thread? Aren't the regulars reading it anyway? How then does it become unwieldy? I see no point in breaking it up.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I've seen this argument multiple times and I've yet to figure out why creating a new thread when we were maybe averaging 10 posts/day, tops was a good idea.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:13 AM

yeah, plus my now classic pick-up line "you wouldn't believe how big the NBA thread I post in frequently is" would be pretty much ruined.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:22 AM

Just throwing it out there, I'm cool with the unwieldly thread. The only problem I ever had was people bitching about it.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:13 AM

Well, there's no reason someone would join 2+2 in February and bother to read about stuff we discussed in November, so the whole "it's too big" thing always confused me. More importantly, we're at best the sickly cousin to the NFL and MLB threads and posts in this forum, so having one big thread at least gives our e-peen some respectability.

I get no rocks off on starting the thread myself. In fact I started one last season after completely forgetting that tdarko had started a similar thread a few weeks earlier. So let's get it started, someone. So long as "someone" isn't a Spurs fan...
Old 09-25-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To continue the hijack:

[/ QUOTE ]

One for regular season and then we'll start a new one for the PLAYOFFS!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:07 AM

all,

I know that people like to post the separate breaking news threads, but I think it might be in the best interest of the forum to just preemptively create a "Celtics Star Injured". This way, it covers any and all injuries incurred by the Big 3.

In addition I'm going to the Dec. Bulls game and I think the Nov. Heat Game. $10 seats meh. Although I'm gonna do some investigative work into which firms I am interviewing with have the best garden luxury boxes and then string them along and let them invite me to games.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, plus my now classic pick-up line "you wouldn't believe how big the NBA thread I post in frequently is" would be pretty much ruined.

[/ QUOTE ]
this delivers
Old 09-25-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To continue the hijack:

[/ QUOTE ]
Honestly man, I never understood the problem with a SINGLE thread. We all liked each other anyway, so it was a nice continuum (except until the playoffs when a few idiots showed up).

How is a monthly thread different from a season thread? Aren't the regulars reading it anyway? How then does it become unwieldy? I see no point in breaking it up.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I've seen this argument multiple times and I've yet to figure out why creating a new thread when we were maybe averaging 10 posts/day, tops was a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

word