Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 05:08 AM

Default NL 200 AK top Pair

Villain is anknown, first time I see im at UB.

Amount Bet at flop is Ok?
Call after a reraise is Ok?
Turn ?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($191)
UTG+1 ($79.50)
Hero ($261.35)
MP2 ($223.35)
MP3 ($129.90)
CO ($314.65)
Button ($160.65)
SB ($96)
BB ($195)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, MP2 calls $8, MP3 calls $8, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($27) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $50</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls $35.

Turn: ($127) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $80</font>,

Hero?

Final Pot: $127
Old 10-02-2007, 05:24 AM

Default Re: NL 200 AK top Pair

I hate those spots, I'm always afraid of sets here...

PF raise is ok, I'd bet a little bit more on the flop, like 19 - 22. I'm not sure if I like your call on the flop. Basically the question is: what do we achieve with calling here? You're not hoping to hit one of your five outs I guess cause you know that if you're behind now, neither an A or a K should help you. Plus by just calling, villain is betting again pretty much every time.
So we have to think about his range now, has he made a set of 6s or 2s, or is he raising with a weaker K like KQ, KJ? There are no draws on the board so we can rule that out.
Another problem is that we are OOP, so it will be extremely tough to see a "cheap" showdown, even if you reraise the flop.
Allright, IMO you have to make your decision here on the flop. Either raising and fold to a shove, or raising and betting out on turn if villain just calls. If you don't want to invest that much money in a TPTK hand folding on the flop would be a little weak but as mentionend, I don't see too much sense in just calling.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Allright, IMO you have to make your decision here on the flop. Either raising and fold to a shove, or raising and betting out on turn if villain just calls. If you don't want to invest that much money in a TPTK hand folding on the flop would be a little weak but as mentionend, I don't see too much sense in just calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your analysis.
You are right, bad call at flop.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your analysis.
You are right, bad call at flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to both of you, but I think this is pretty bad. 3betting the flop and then folding looks terrible. If you 3bet then you get it in no matter what happens.

I would usually call the flop like you did and then c/c all the way down. I realize that we're going to be allin but I don't mind that too much. Board is so dry that you have the best hand enough of the time to justify it, especially if villain is decent (we cant assume that, but I assume mediocre TAG for most NL200 villains with fullstacks).
Old 10-02-2007, 02:06 PM

if you refuse to fold, then push now. c/c'ing will only lose you value when you are ahead.
if you want to fold, then the sooner the better.

[censored] unkowns.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:37 PM

sorry to both of you, but I think this is pretty bad. 3betting the flop and then folding looks terrible. If you 3bet then you get it in no matter what happens.

I would usually call the flop like you did and then c/c all the way down. I realize that we're going to be allin but I don't mind that too much. Board is so dry that you have the best hand enough of the time to justify it, especially if villain is decent (we cant assume that, but I assume mediocre TAG for most NL200 villains with fullstacks).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree
Old 10-02-2007, 02:45 PM

I think this is a not so easy but correct fold. You are OOP, so just dump it, sorry.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:07 PM

Hey CDL,

honestly, you don't need to apologize if you think my line is bad here. In fact, I even think it's good to have different opinions now and then.
I have to admit one thing though, I wrote "raise and fold to a shove". You're right, that really looks rather bad as too much of our stack is already involved then.
However, I'm still of the opinion that calling and calling down is not a good option here, it should be fold or get it in what we would by the way achieve by raising big and then betting again big on the turn.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:31 PM

I think it's important to get the read on the flop. If he flopped a set, you're WAY behind with little hope of catching up. If not, you're almost certainly way ahead and want to make him pay for trying to suck out on you. Call, c/c, c/c is the LAST line I would take.

Without a read, IMO, you're more likely looking at a set here. With his aggression and your being OOP, I think you have to give it up.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:44 PM

I am probably thinking about this wrong,

But you raised preflop, and he called. You fired on the flop OOP, and he raised. He either has TPTK beat, or is doing a semi-bluff with somthing like JJ-QQ. If he has a set, then he probably thinks you would stack off with AK in this situation. I think the number of times you are good is a lot less than the times you are way behind. I would either fold, or call/fire on the turn if I thought there was a strong enough possibility that he had a weaker hand.

-Thinking about it, a set seems strange on the flop with another person left to act. I would probably put him on a poor AK, 99+.
I am 50-50 between folding flop, and calling and firing $90-100 on the turn.