Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: In a 3way pot, on a really rag flop such as 7high, do you cbet 1st to act?
Yes 11 68.75%
No 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2006, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Ask Anacardo about his personal life!

Sounds much to me like she was making up an excuse to not dance with the guy who brung her.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:38 AM

When a girl does not return a guys phone call or text message, and this is "unusual" (i.e. the guy has no reason to think the girl won't call him back), the natural response is to call again to make sure everything is okay -- or at least to figure out why she isn't giving him the courtesy of returning a simple phone call. Why the typical girl can't come to the logical conclusion that the guy is simply trying to reach her is astounding to me. The conclusion they reach is that the guy is obviously a stalker. I'm not saying that weird, creepy guys don't exist -- they obviously do. But how the [censored] did this become the default response in women? If you aren't going to call a guy back that you've led on at some point, don't be surprised if they call a few more times than once or twice.

I think I can speak for most men in saying that the natural thing to do is call several times when you have no idea why the hell your call is inexplicably not being returned. I used to be the guy who would call 4-5 times because "they must not be getting the message". You have to LEARN that the correct response is to call twice, and then never call again after that, as Dom said. It takes training to learn correct phone call procedure with most women you meet, because most women you meet are illogical and [censored] stupid.

I'm not being sexist (most men are [censored] stupid too). But playing the stalker card is a characteristic that is ridiculously common in women nowadays, and I have no idea where it came from.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:59 AM

Jesus CHRIST. I leave you feegs alone for a weekend and you not only don't escalate a situation, you drag it into some interminable conversation.

Related, Jesus just killed like 17 kittens as a result of the unstoppable gayness of this thread. I just hope none of them were mine.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you are acting childish

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I quit...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, so u have asia and the rest of europe on your ass, I have africa and south america....she decides to go after me, Im flanked on both sides...asia and europe are owned by the same person, she is going to leave Mzkitty alone and come after me...Im going to get [censored] in minimum 3-4 turns unless my crap throwing dice skills come into play.

I think, unless I wanted to waste another 30 min to an hour of my life quiting was the only option and not made in a tantrum. It became less a game of Risk, and more a real life move of power in who controls the relationship. I basically said [censored] it, Im not playing your game and hence retain control (not that it was ever doubted)
Old 07-31-2006, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When a girl does not return a guys phone call or text message, and this is "unusual" (i.e. the guy has no reason to think the girl won't call him back), the natural response is to call again to make sure everything is okay -- or at least to figure out why she isn't giving him the courtesy of returning a simple phone call. Why the typical girl can't come to the logical conclusion that the guy is simply trying to reach her is astounding to me. The conclusion they reach is that the guy is obviously a stalker. I'm not saying that weird, creepy guys don't exist -- they obviously do. But how the [censored] did this become the default response in women? If you aren't going to call a guy back that you've led on at some point, don't be surprised if they call a few more times than once or twice.

I think I can speak for most men in saying that the natural thing to do is call several times when you have no idea why the hell your call is inexplicably not being returned. I used to be the guy who would call 4-5 times because "they must not be getting the message". You have to LEARN that the correct response is to call twice, and then never call again after that, as Dom said. It takes training to learn correct phone call procedure with most women you meet, because most women you meet are illogical and [censored] stupid.

I'm not being sexist (most men are [censored] stupid too). But playing the stalker card is a characteristic that is ridiculously common in women nowadays, and I have no idea where it came from.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in general, it causes women feelings of "weirdness" whenever someone they dont want to talk to keeps trying to contact them.

Not speaking specifically of the situation but some guys and girls dont know when to stop with the phone calls/emails/txtmessages. a little overboard on either can cause weirdness.

but really if they like you this = cute. if they dont like u this = creepy. the menu is different depending how they feel about yuo.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've had an insanely long flight from LA to Melbourne to think about posting and spent most of it watching V for Vendetta over and over (good movie if a little over the top, but hits close enough to home) and reading a book about a guy who decides to read the encyclopedia britannica in full (awesome and funny, although the guy seems like he might be annoying).

On a whim I just decided to because wtf do I care and it's likely no one will even notice and I will barely be around for the next month anyway.

I hung out with both kittykat and anacardo in vegas, kittykat more so. In fact I didn't hang out with anacardo much at all. My read of him though was that he was a little creepy and/or socially awkward. It's not really based on anything but we've all been there at the poker table; you don't really know why your read of someone is X, you just know that it is and I've played a lot of live poker and learned to trust those reads.

My read of kittykat was that she was normal and interesting and nice.

These two combined to make me inclined to believe her when I heard stories about anacardo wigging out that night despite just hearing second hand. A 'heh, kind of saw that one coming' sort of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
<TheDiablo> you gotta remember
<TheDiablo> most guys responding w/ a position are like
<TheDiablo> hmmm, if i take cardo's side
<TheDiablo> whatever
<TheDiablo> but if i take chick's side
<TheDiablo> maybe someday i can bang chick

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting tidbit! KK spent a fair amount of time at the poker table sitting on goofball's lap!! Could this influence his 'reads' any?
Old 07-31-2006, 01:42 PM

Fesitval of lol
Old 07-31-2006, 01:47 PM

Old 07-31-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Interesting tidbit! KK spent a fair amount of time at the poker table sitting on goofball's lap!! Could this influence his 'reads' any?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, trash talk me whatever, but goofball has a girlfriend. I haven't met her, but on the off chance she reads the boards, don't screw up thier lives. Goofball and I are just friends.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, trash talk me whatever, but goofball has a girlfriend. I haven't met her, but on the off chance she reads the boards, don't screw up thier lives. Goofball and I are just friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

So then why were you sitting on his lap...? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]