Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Putting in my notice - SCARY!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just an update...put in the notice today. They decided to expidite my 30 day notice and my last day is Friday. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh well....starting one month earlier...should be exciting.
Cool thing is Ive got like a months paycheck worth of vacation coming on my last check. So...really everything ust kind of fell into place today and Ive been reletively calm about the situation.

Even the meeting was pretty decent outside of the unexpected timeline.

Anyways...thanks again guys for the support the past 24 hours. Ill keep people updated as to how my first month goes.

Richard

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! Its funny that they think that firing you 30 days early is going to keep you from stealing their confidential information. You've worked there six years! You already know everything! Dummies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually its funny you say that....as of 5:01pm the IT guy was there asking for my ID badge and took my computer. I made a joke saying "Yeah now you get to spend the next 2 days seeing what Ive been doing on this thing over the past few years" (Not that there was anything to find anyways)

Dude he looked at me with all seriousness and said: "Yep"

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I thought it was ironically hilarious. Hes going to spend the next two days on a wild goose chase just out of pure paranoia....and Ive hung out with this guy on numerous occasions, even had him over to my house and met his wife and kids. Some people are just funny.

I mean I completely understand why they would do that, but I dont see why he needs to assume there is something there instead of just "inspecting" the computer to see if there is something there. I mean if everyone else there was bummed about me leaving and made sure to talk to me and wish me good luck, why couldnt he have done that too? ...and then done his job when I was gone?

To all corporate IT people out there.....calm it down guys. You can still do your jobs effectively without being an (censored) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Richard
Old 03-31-2007, 01:40 PM

As someone who once long ago worked in corporate IT, do you think they enjoy it? Seriously inspecting someones computer is about as much fun as watching paint dry. Secondly he's not going to spend two days looking at your computer, I give him an hour/two at tops before it's reimaged and ready for the next person. A lot of what we use to do was taking all the data on the computer off it and being sure we had it all before the reimage so that 2 weeks down the line when someone realizes you forgot to send them that file you were working on it's there.

I also didn't see him assuming there was something there.

A note to all business guys leaving their jobs. Stop being so touchy :P

San
Old 04-01-2007, 02:30 AM

Congratulations on your new career, hopefully you don't end up back in your mom's basement. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

In all seriousness Skip Tracers can make some bank if they develop a good client list and are good at finding people! :P