Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-01-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Beat: lost my rent money

why is everyone around here so emo? srsly?

sitting around drinking wine and playing poker in a country like england is a pretty damn good life compared to most of the world imo
Old 12-01-2007, 02:42 AM

for [censored] sake man, you've got a huuuuge problem. Go get some help for it.

Its a shame BBV feeds on degeneracy, otherwise we could all just ban together and completely ignore you, and without the attention maybe youd actually try and fix your pathetic life. But you seem wired with the need for attention and this is the way you best know how to get it.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Its a shame BBV feeds on degeneracy, otherwise we could all just ban together and completely ignore you, and without the attention maybe youd actually try and fix your pathetic life. But you seem wired with the need for attention and this is the way you best know how to get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you understand how boring this thread would be if he did everything properly?

Brag: Paid my rent today

Sounds exciting!
Old 12-01-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you understand how boring this thread would be if he did everything properly?

Brag: Paid my rent today

Sounds exciting!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, like I said, its a shame that we value the excitement of someone elses degeneracy over the desire of helping someone.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

there's your problem right there, you need to at least set aside $125 a week for your household finances. You say you make $450/wk why not arrange with your housemates to just pay the rent next week or a short term loan etc, unless this whole thread was just some convoluted scheme to get more free money sent to you to feed our addiction, in which case I applaud your efforts here my friend, well done.

Kem

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's £460 sterling a week I make, so double that. Yes, you're right, I need to seperate money. And NOT gamble the rent!
Old 12-01-2007, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

there's your problem right there, you need to at least set aside $125 a week for your household finances. You say you make $450/wk why not arrange with your housemates to just pay the rent next week or a short term loan etc, unless this whole thread was just some convoluted scheme to get more free money sent to you to feed our addiction, in which case I applaud your efforts here my friend, well done.

Kem

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's £460 sterling a week I make, so double that. Yes, you're right, I need to seperate money. And NOT gamble the rent!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well its a good thing you learned your lesson the hard way, amirite?
Old 12-01-2007, 03:24 AM

just win a tourney or something.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But I spent it. I don't keep any money in my poker account, and I don't seperate poker from living money. Well, all living money becomes defacto poker money...

[/ QUOTE ]

there's your problem right there,

Kem

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually the other part that's the real problem. Jimm, why don't you keep money in your poker accounts?

Winning players do not make deposits.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:05 AM

Today was the first day I had played since I posted last and I won ~22K in 1.2K hands. I had to redeposit on stars and that took a few days to wire the money.
--non-winning player aba http://www.cardrunners.com/members/index...9&Itemid=29

Big winner like aba and Jimm can't keep all their bankroll online because it is so +EV to withdraw and invest it in things like retirement funds (aba) and cigarettes (Jimm)
Old 12-01-2007, 05:18 AM

Gambling addictions are pretty powerful. I think people that don't have one tend to underestimate them. Hence all the people making fun of jimm in this thread. I had one myself, but it wasn't quite as ingrained as jimm's, plus I'm better at poker, and I think I've managed to cure it on my own to the point that I can play poker for a living without too much worry of a relapse.

Jimm though, you seriously do just need to quit forever. You're sooooo far from being able to manage a BR properly that you have no idea. And that's if you were a winning player to begin with (which I don't believe you were).

You seriously should uninstall all the poker programs off your computer. Then send messages to all the major poker sites saying that you're a degenerate who's highly likely to send funds that you don't have and screw them out of the difference and recommend they ban you for life. Then, after all that, get in GA.

Or just redeposit, switch to Stars, look for "iggymcfly" and sit to his left. Whatever.