Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 05:47 AM

Default Fun w/ Flush Draw

Here's one that I can't believe I didn't post before. And for the nit out there, this hand actually happened at Commerce.

Commerce 40-80, 6 handed. UTG is tight, aggressive, and good. In fact, quite good. In two days of playing with him I haven't seen him miss value, get out of line, or even be that straightforward. Hijack is loose and bad, and everyone knows it. He coldcalls and peels like it's his favorite thing to do.

Preflop:
UTG raises, hijack coldcalls, folded to The Dude who calls from the SB w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB folds.

Flop: (7 SBs) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 Players)</font>
The Dude checks, UTG bets, hijack calls, The Dude raises. UTG calls, hijack folds.

Turn: (6 BBs) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 Players)</font>
The Dude bets, hijack raises, The Dude calls.

River: (10 BBs) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 Players)</font>
The Dude checks.

Comments?
Old 08-11-2007, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Fun w/ Flush Draw

ronkadonk river
Old 08-11-2007, 06:15 AM

The flop play is terrible. If UTG is so good, you think he's calling your raise with trash??? Lead the flop and maybe you score an uncontested pot. Ya, you cannot bet the river here, either, w/ace high - that would be very stupid...
Old 08-11-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The flop play is terrible. If UTG is so good, you think he's calling your raise with trash???

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh?
Old 08-11-2007, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The flop play is terrible. If UTG is so good, you think he's calling your raise with trash???

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

You jammed this pot on the flop before you knew what UTG has. Once he calls your raise, you know he has at least AQ and you are behind. Given your flop play, I would've checked this turn card anticipating the UTG raise. This was too expensive a chase for you to come up empty handed...
Old 08-11-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You jammed this pot on the flop before you knew what UTG has. Once he calls your raise, you know he has at least AQ and you are behind. Given your flop play, I would've checked this turn card anticipating the UTG raise. This was too expensive a chase for you to come up empty handed...

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got a point here imo.
If UTG's got that AQ+ (i would say KQ+) he did not reraised the flop in order to keep the bad player in action.

If less than AQ which hands can he call your c/r with? If you think that calling that extra flop bet with AK or a middle pocket is right then i like your play. If he's the kind to muck them for one more bet i would say that Black is right.

(excuse my english [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 08-11-2007, 07:07 AM

You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-11-2007, 07:38 AM

You have hijack raising the turn but I think you meant utg?

Check fold river is good. However I don't think that's what you're asking about. The turn pretty much depends on what he thinks of you. If he knows you're thinking enough to 3bet this turn without a big hand, then what you did is fine. If he just thinks of you as a random TAG, then 3 betting seems great because you can get him to fold 88-JJ and maybe even a Q.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have hijack raising the turn but I think you meant utg

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about this.... otherwise I can't make sense of his "this actually happened at Commerce" remark. I am guessing turn raiser was in fact the super fish guy, and Dude c/c on river and won??