Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: TT in CO

Fine, I'll just stop responding to online hands. I still think the flop three bet is ridiculous.

I don't understand the thinking here at all.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:20 PM

For those who like check calling the turn (with which I agree)--what is your river line?

--Rico
Old 11-06-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the thinking here at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without writing a book, in basic terms online games are much more aggressive and include a lot more bluffing than B&M games of the same stakes, or even somewhat higher stakes. People don't make "expert folds" online because, first of all, it's much more likely that their opponent is indeed bluffing; second of all, there are no live tells to indicate strength or weakness; thirdly it's a lot easier to click a button labeled "call" than it is to physically put X number of chips into a pot (psychologically, I mean); and finally because many online players lack the patience (and therefore, discipline) that their B&M counterparts have had to develop.

As I intimated above, coldcalling with a Kx hand on the button vs. a cutoff openraise is purely bad poker, at least in the more aggressive online arena--the coldcall is far more often going to be a small/medium pocket pair, some ace high hand, or a suited/connecting hand (also a bad play, but especially in HORSE many players don't understand the drastic differences in implied odds between no limit & limit play). So if he does have the K, he's very likely not a particularly good player. And if he's not a particularly good player, he's either not going to raise after hitting the flop, or he's not going to fold top pair after being reraised on the flop. Villain's flop raise wasn't so much saying that he hit the flop, as it was guessing that Hero didn't. The lengthy pause before folding on the turn probably meant that he had some sort of made hand, but could also have meant that he was involved in a hand on another table, his wife just yelled a question at him, or he stopped to answer the phone.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:57 PM

One - I like the three bet to try and keep the lead. Give the button the opportunity to make a bad fold after he made a bad call w/any of the K hands that you mentioned. I do play online and think that your analysis is still ok. It may not be the norm but there will be online players that will make a "Good Fold" after a turn bet.
btw Keep posting - I enjoy the read
Old 11-08-2007, 08:31 PM

I dont 3 bet there myself, unless I know raising 2nd pair is in the villains range.

As played, leading the turn is ok if you fold to a raise. The river is not an easy decision if villain flat calls the turn lead.

Also live or online, or at leats in the game I play, any villain calling with a K is not laying down once he hits top pair in a h/u pot.