Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 10:30 PM

Default 50NL, QQ ok?

no reads on villan

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($100.48)
Button ($52)
SB ($19.15)
Hero ($48.90)
UTG ($131.74)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $2, MP calls $2.

Flop: ($7.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5, MP folds.

Turn: ($17.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8.

River: ($33.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: $33.75
Old 10-24-2006, 10:35 PM

Default Re: 50NL, QQ ok?

My initial reaction was why did you just call pre-flop. OOP with QQ facing a raise (albeit from the button) is not a favorable spot to be in.

After the flop, I believe a probe bet is in order, somewhere in the range of $4-$5. If you get looked up with a raise, then you face the possibility of being beat and can give the hand up.

On the turn, calling after the ace hits is in my mind an even more egregious error than failing to bet on the previous two streets. If he didn't have you beat before, he probably has you beat now.

Notice the size of the bet on the turn, as well. It's right about half the pot, which in my mind constitutes a value bet with an AQ or AK type hand. His bet on the flop could easily have been a standard CB.

As for his checking on the river? I have gone from having a good feel for this hand to having absolutely no idea.

But all in all, re-raise pre-flop and if you just call, find out where you stand on the flop. Any other thoughts?
Old 10-24-2006, 10:43 PM

Default Re: 50NL, QQ ok?

the call preflop is fine, but you definitely have to lead the flop for 5-6 here, if checks aroudn they see a free card, if they bet and you just call they see a free card, i either check raise flop or lead out flop, with that turn i check hoping to see a cheap showdown and call a small turn/river bet, folding to any real opposition