View Poll Results: What would you do with AA here
All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

Can you drive with your normal U.S. drivers lic? Motorcycles too? Are scooters/motorcycles common or feasible there? What about auto or motorcycle insurance? Thanks a lot for all of the information!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2006, 04:13 AM

Any recommendations on who to go with for a visa run on Khao San road? I have to do it by Wen.

I know I could just walk down the [censored]' road and find 200 places but I figured if one of you guys knew a good place I'd cut out the time.

PS

HEY WHERE YOU FROM? USA? CALIFORNIA? NEW YORK? TUK TUK? HEY WHERE YOU GO? TUK TUK? SIGHTSEEING 10 BHAT ALL DAY

oh how I missed bangkok

thanks
Old 10-01-2006, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is that a serviced apartment? if so, you can get a big discount if you rent a regular place and sign 6mo lease.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it is with a signed lease. I got it through an agent though so I am probably being overcharged 2000 baht. I looked at about 11 different places before settling on this one. Decent view and the location works really well for me. 3 mins from sky train platform. The interior furnishings were more my style than other places.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:15 AM

For visa runs in Bangkok the price is about 1800-2000 baht. They leave from around the sukhemvit area early in the morning and get back from Cambodia around 3pm if I remember correctly.

There are a few companies. Check how much they agents want because they might offer you the same price and leave right from your hotel. If they want more then 2000 baht then goto 7/11 buy the bangkok post and look in the classifieds to find several phone numbers of visa runs. I have used Jack Gold visa runs several times.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:48 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 10-01-2006, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any recommendations on who to go with for a visa run on Khao San road? I have to do it by Wen.

I know I could just walk down the [censored]' road and find 200 places but I figured if one of you guys knew a good place I'd cut out the time.

PS

HEY WHERE YOU FROM? USA? CALIFORNIA? NEW YORK? TUK TUK? HEY WHERE YOU GO? TUK TUK? SIGHTSEEING 10 BHAT ALL DAY

oh how I missed bangkok

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

you missed bangkok? wow I hated that place.Since you are heading in that direction, I would recommend checking out cambodia and angkor wat.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:13 AM

Yeah, Jack GOLF,I cant type.

What did you hate about bangkok? I mean, yeah its got bad traffic and smog but its a pretty fun city and I really enjoyed my time there. Were you there for just a short trip or something?
Old 10-01-2006, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Jack GOLF,I cant type.

What did you hate about bangkok? I mean, yeah its got bad traffic and smog but its a pretty fun city and I really enjoyed my time there. Were you there for just a short trip or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just travelled around thailand and was in and out of bangkok for, well pretty much everywhere we went. I'm sure you know what I mean. We were on a pretty tight budget so we were staying in places w/o AC and it was hot and dare I say, there wasn't much to do during the day? I mean we went to mbk, on the skytrain, hung out on top of the d & d a lot (didn't stay there usually though) or played pool. So basically, when i say bangkok i mean koh san road. I guess it just didn't compare to the islands or beaches.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:43 AM

Well if you sit on KSR all day then ya bangkok sucks.

KSR sucks.

But its a whole different game when you are actually living in Thailand so I can def understand.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:56 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Closed Thread