Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: $114: Reshove KQ BvB, standard?

I love PAHUD. Most of my "reads" come from it. It's really easy to spot the super donks w/ high VPIP and the nits. It's all color coded. Green = sucky; Red = good (in general). It also flashes the hole cards at showdown to save a little time looking at the HH.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:54 AM

Theres really no reason not to be using HUD. It quickly gives u an idea of how aggressive someone is and how good of a player theyr likely to be.

Especially if ur playing 114s you should definately get it.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:40 PM

I actually have Poker Office and have tried to use it, but it slows down my computer a ton. Does PA Hud slow your guys's computers down much?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Theres really no reason not to be using HUD. It quickly gives u an idea of how aggressive someone is and how good of a player theyr likely to be.

Especially if ur playing 114s you should definately get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only reason I would ever tell someone to not get a HUD is if they have a tendency/leak to rely only on the stats all the time and not pick up useable reads (note: I know of players on this forum that do this, and it is a leak).
Old 10-26-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually have Poker Office and have tried to use it, but it slows down my computer a ton. Does PA Hud slow your guys's computers down much?

[/ QUOTE ]

no and you really should get it. i really cant imagine playing w/o it.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:15 PM

I emailed Stars about their "banned" websites, and there are 2 things to note: 1. According to the list they sent me a couple weeks ago, Sharkscope was "pending," so it was still actually allowed. 2. It seems like their enforcement is sketchy at best, and I will continue to use Sharkscope until I receive a warning email that it is not allowed. I'm really not sure if they're enforcing any of the banned websites in the least, except to put them on a list saying they're banned. Anybody know any different?

Regarding the hand, I reshove vs an unknown or a regular there. Regarding Luisgallo's question of whether we should call an open shove with KQ in that spot, I say no. We're behind a large amount of his shoving range IMO (which may include any ace, any pair, KTs+, maybe wider), but KQ just isn't ahead of much of that range, and the real reason we love reshoving is the fold equity we have, which obviously is zero if we're just calling all-in.

Edit: Sharkscope is still listed in their banned sites as "pending." OPR is not listed in the banned sites or in the acceptable sites.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/