Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

[ QUOTE ]
What's the best place to buy RP stickers/ lawn signs for cheap? I want to put some up around my campus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely do this. I don't have an answer for you though. I bet if you join your local RP meetup group, you can find someone who has a bunch or knows where to get them.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but forgive me if this thread is solely dedicated to videos and links.

But htere are a few things I wonder about Ron Paul policies.

1. If he gets rid of IRS and somehow manages to stop infaltion, will that have an effect on US economy in relation to the rest of the world where inflation still would exist?
2. Saw in one of the videos that it was said that even when you took out the federal income tax the government would still have 2/3 of its funds intact, and that that money would be the same as the full amount of income the government had in 2000, so that all that was needed to justify abolishing income tax would be to have spending on 2000-level. Are those numbers correct only in a pure a dollar for a dollar-way, or is it true even when adjusted for inflation and groth in prices?

3. Ron Paul says that the US should substantially reduce its involvement in other countries, and focus more on just free trade with these countries. How will he react to a foreign power that is planning to attack American interests? Pure self defense; wait for them to attack US before its ok for US to use force? Is he in favor of free trade with regimes that sponsors enemies of the US, or countries that opposes US? If Ron Paul was president today, would he advocate free trade with countries like Cuba, North Korea and Iran?

4. Is it reasonable to believe that the US will be able to secure good deals with foreign companies and countries when there are other countries (like china and Russia) that have a different view on intervention in foreign countries than Ron Paul has. (In other words, will a US that intervenes less abroad still have the same oppertunity to get good deals in its trade as other "interviening" countires do?)

5. He asked why the US has military stationed in Korea and Europe, implying that he wants them to come home and abolish foreign bases. Will that have no consequences for the USīs oppertunities to defend itself? Will the US still have the same possibility to attack the interests of a country that they are in war with if there are no or very limited amount of foreign bases?

6. Will the US benefit from limiting its presence elsewhere in the world when there are other countries more than willing to take the USīs place?

I have to admit I know fairly little about Mr. Paul, so I just hope someone who know more about him and his views would be able to answer these questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

All good questions.

I would recommend visiting this site and perusing the plethora of articles by Dr. Paul.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/
Old 10-10-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's the best place to buy RP stickers/ lawn signs for cheap? I want to put some up around my campus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely do this. I don't have an answer for you though. I bet if you join your local RP meetup group, you can find someone who has a bunch or knows where to get them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuff from the official campaign store are about as cheap as you can get anywhere. http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/StoreFront

While I can't guarantee it's the absolute cheapest, all money does go towards the official campaign, and helps donation numbers. Just a suggestion. =)
Old 10-10-2007, 09:15 PM

RP on Tucker 9/10/07
Old 10-10-2007, 09:25 PM

So far I've had 3 orgasms reading this thread.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So far I've had 3 orgasms reading this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

standard
Old 10-10-2007, 09:46 PM

Nice to see one person (Tucker Carlson) actually give Ron Paul the respect and air time he deserves. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 10:10 PM

Yeah gained some respect for him there.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:27 PM

Ron Paul video in the current issue of Time, kinda...

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1668444,00.html
Old 10-10-2007, 10:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2EH_TRa6aU

Ron Paul on The Abrams Report. Abrams asked some stupid questions. But the last one was good. Do you want President Bush's endorsement? RP: I would lose all credibility.