Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How often do you climax during sex?
never 7 3.83%
rarely 4 2.19%
sometimes 10 5.46%
often 11 6.01%
nearly always 53 28.96%
always 98 53.55%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2006, 01:24 PM

Default Re: CHI/ARZ Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another few weeks of listening to the worst fans in all of sports go on and on and on and on and on and on.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Great post overall IMO (I'm guessing you're formerly from St. Louis and were a Cardinals fan from WAY back then?), but what do you mean about the statement above? I'm guessing you're a St. Louis sports fan by trade and as such can't stand Chicago, but "worst fans in all of sports" is pretty strong.

FWIW I'm not particularly disagreeing, just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I'm ready to extend it to Bears fans, but when I lived there I was amazed at how bad chicago baseball fans were. The average Cubs fan had no idea what the hell was even going on and most White Sox fans honestly devoted more energy to hating the Cubs than cheering the Sox. Obviously there are good chicago baseball fans, but they are hopeless adrift in a sea of idiots.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MyTurn, you're acting like all defenses other than the Bears's defense are impervioud to "gamebreaking wrs." Boldin can shred anyone at anytime, along with a few other wr's. I picked an awesome game to go to, but damn was the bears offense bad. One thing that may have been mentioned, but if Grossman throws his first pass onthe bomb to berrian one yard shorter...

Anyone knocking on the Bears needs to give credit to the absurd performance by Urlacher, Hester and the rest of the DST and rip on the offense a loooot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

By all means, I did not hope to take credit away from the Bears defense. It's just a freak occurance that their one weakness lines up with something Arizona does well. Arizona is not a better team, but has a good matchup here.

Basically, it's near impossible to run to the outside verse the Bears. Urlacher is too quick getting out there. Briggs is a beast verse the run. Both safeties are very good at coming up and run stopping.

It's impossible to run through the middle, because the DTs are too strong and, again, the safeties come up real well.

It's difficult to throw deep. The DEs, since they aren't required much for the run game, focus primarily on getting pressure on the QB. The LBs run very good blitz schemes and can bring it. 7-step drops are not a scheme that should show up much against the Bears.

However, the biggest chink is the ability to stop the short/intermediate passing games. The safeties focus run first and it leaves stuff open. The DBs are not that good IMO, despite what the press clippings might say. It's easy to play DB when the d-line is awesome, the LBs are awesome, and the safeties are above average. This just happened to align with what the Cardinals usually base their offense on: 3-step drops, getting it quick to the wideouts. From there, they can open up other plays. It takes a certain type of team to run it though. You need receivers who are willing to take lots of contact and still keep ticking. The receivers also need to be quick enough that the deep threat is still there to keep DBs from just jumping every route.

You're right Bugstud, most teams are vulnerable to this. The Bears might just seem to be moreso, because they are so good at stopping other schemes.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another few weeks of listening to the worst fans in all of sports go on and on and on and on and on and on.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Great post overall IMO (I'm guessing you're formerly from St. Louis and were a Cardinals fan from WAY back then?), but what do you mean about the statement above? I'm guessing you're a St. Louis sports fan by trade and as such can't stand Chicago, but "worst fans in all of sports" is pretty strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I find MT2R far more annoying than any of the Bears fans on the board so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome
Old 10-18-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I'm ready to extend it to Bears fans, but when I lived there I was amazed at how bad chicago baseball fans were. The average Cubs fan had no idea what the hell was even going on and most White Sox fans honestly devoted more energy to hating the Cubs than cheering the Sox. Obviously there are good chicago baseball fans, but they are hopeless adrift in a sea of idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you know that the Bears are already super bowl champs and this season is just a formality?

If not, you should spend a week in Chicago and they will set you straight.

It's come up before. Chicago fans are very bi-polar. Yes, all sports fans are subject to this, but Chicago takes the cake. If they look decent at all, the whole world should drop to their knees and is unworthy of even watching such a fantastic Bears team in action. I don't know why Arizona even bothered to show up, etc. Newspapers were seriously printing headlines "16 and 0" last week. Are you [censored] kidding me? This is not a single incident, but is the talk around town for the better part of the last 5 weeks.

I readily admit this is a Bears town, first and foremost. They have good support. However, when the team is bad, they become a non-entity by the fifth or sixth week of the year.

I readily blame the fans for the team's patheticness over time as well. They love "Bear football." What that entails is an excellent defense (nothing wrong there), but very little regard for the offense in general. There is a desire to have the offense come out on the field and eat up clock to shorten up the game. The only thing the fans want to see is the defense. It's a big reason why the Bears have been the most unimaginative offense year over year (at least right up near the top). The fans constantly get what they deserve, because they love "Bear football."

Since LSU won the national title a few years back, I don't know of another fanbase that is so cocky with so little recent winning history. The fans seriously think they are among the elite franchises in the NFL...ROFL.

They have that South-siders edge to them. In other words, they're the type to goto a bar and look to pick a fight. That's why a guy like ditka is forever an icon. Forget that he was most likely intellectually overmatched for his job. He was a tough hombre who could be mean as hell. He's still a god in these parts. Nevermind the complete underachievement, he had the one year.

I could go on and on and on....

just find a streaming webcast of 670 The Score or something.
listen for a few hours. You'll want to eat babies.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:28 PM

I'm still wondering what is with the guys on Boldin's nuts? He's a #2 WR that had a big game when the #1 was out. He's not the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:29 PM

nope...not the second coming

I just thought the offense should've been based around his touches and not the Edge in the second half.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still wondering what is with the guys on Boldin's nuts? He's a #2 WR that had a big game when the #1 was out. He's not the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's been a a very productive WR for a few years now. not the second coming but a quality player
Old 10-18-2006, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I readily blame the fans for the team's patheticness over time as well. They love "Bear football." What that entails is an excellent defense (nothing wrong there), but very little regard for the offense in general. There is a desire to have the offense come out on the field and eat up clock to shorten up the game. The only thing the fans want to see is the defense. It's a big reason why the Bears have been the most unimaginative offense year over year (at least right up near the top). The fans constantly get what they deserve, because they love "Bear football."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most of your points have basis in truth, if not exaggerated. However, this statement is ridiculous. The past five years, all Bears fans and radio personalities have done is blast the offensive coordinator, in particular John Shoop. Bears fans have been DYING for a quarterback that does more than "not lose the game."

Statements like these really make you look more and more like a Chicago troll.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's been a a very productive WR for a few years now. not the second coming but a quality player

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember when he came out he ran a 4.7 and his stock and draft position just plummeted ( he was projected one of top receivers but fell to late in 2nd round) , but he turned out to be a decent 2nd receiver.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boldin is a #1. He destroyed in his rookie year as the #1 WR.

The reason the Cards are so scary on passing is that they have 2 #1 WR's playing on opposite sides.

If Fitz was out for the whole season Boldin would finish in the Top 5 of all WR's.

He is also one of if not the most physically tough WR to bring down after the catch. Which is amazing given he started as a qb in college