Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 09:21 AM

Default Issues with UltimateBet\'s Promotional Tournaments

I saw UltimateBet's promotion for yesterday's guaranteed tournaments (final table also gets tickets to their Sunday $215 tournament in addition to normal tournament payouts) and decided to play several of them. I was pretty deep in a $11 NL tournament and a $22 Omaha Hi/Lo tournament when the tournaments froze.

In 1 tournament, there were only 13 people left and I was in 2nd place. I e-mailed UB several times and never got any response. UB never came to the tables to let us know everything, and I waited there for a long time.

I know Pokerstars is very good with customer service, but not much experience with UB. Does anyone have any idea what UB will wind up doing here? Do you think they will give all 13 of the people left in the one tournament the $215 tickets? I am not very confident after their complete lack of customer service.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Issues with UltimateBet\'s Promotional Tournaments

I was in 1500 guaranteed tournament and today that tournament fee was came to my account. I haven't got answer to my mail either. It isn't fair if they don't give us rewards based on chip amount when tournament is frozen. We have played over three hours and only what they give us is tournament fee back.
No more Ultimatebet if it is so. How we can get right on this case?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:43 AM

I got mail from Ultimatebet:
"Thank you very much for contacting us!

We are glad to inform you that we have successfully refunded most of the players affected by the disconnection issue that was experienced yesterday and that we are still working to complete the list of affected accounts as briefly as possible.

We appeal to your patience and understanding at this time.

Nonetheless, if within a couple of days your account has not been reimbursed with the corresponding funds, feel free to send us an email indicating the tournament number, if possible, so we can properly assist you.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance or additional information.

Best regards,"

This probably means that they will pay also prizes of the tournament. There was no mention of the 200K tournament tickets and was otherwise very short answer.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:31 AM

I was in the same tournament as you msnina. We were on the same table when it got down to 2 tables when the other table froze and ours didn't. So far, I have received just my entry fee back. I also received my entry fee for an earlier tournament I played in but I busted out of that one and that was before the freeze. My guess is that this tournament got frozen later on and they issued a massive refund. Have yet to hear from UB on any of the e-mails I've sent. They should award us money based on chip count at the time of the freeze. I'll let you know if I hear anything else.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:56 AM

I don't think you'll get much sympathy from anybody. You get what you deserve if you continue to play at UB/AP.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 PM

Can you fill me in on what happened at UB/AP or refer me to the post where I can read what happened. Thank you in advance.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:52 PM

UB,a.k.a. Ultimate Bot is not known for good responsive customer service.

What you should get refunded is (your chips / total chips) * prizepool plus the 215 ticket's cash value split equally.

However UB will probably just refund your entry fee. And that is if you're lucky.

Like the prev poster said you take your chances playing at 3rd rate sites.

For your sake I hope I'm wrong.

GL,
Steve
Old 11-05-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you fill me in on what happened at UB/AP or refer me to the post where I can read what happened. Thank you in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1
Old 11-06-2007, 03:50 PM

I did get my $11.00 back (it was a 10+1mtt) and an e-mail stating they were sorry for the delay on e-mailing me back--as they have received alot of e-mails regarding this matter I suppose. They said I would be entered into a tournament Saturday the 10th as a consolation. No details on what the prizes will be or if you have to place to get them. In other words, if your internet crashes, then you are just out of luck. If the problem is on UB's end, then we will put you in a freeroll tournament and you have to play to try and win back what you already earned.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:00 AM

Tournament rules at UB site:
"The tournament fails more than 20 minutes after start and not due to general site issues:

Remaining Players are ‘in the money’:

* All remaining players receive the minimum prize that would have been awarded to the next player to bust out.
* The remainder of the pot (net of prizes already paid out) is distributed to all players based on chip equity.
* Each remaining player receives their tournament fee back.
* Players who have been eliminated receive no refund."

Only Question is what is the general site error?