Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Re: BIOSHOCK DEMO on XBox Live right now

[ QUOTE ]
You could try a mechanic where getting hit lowers your life meter but destroying enemies and generally blowing [censored] up boosts it back up, so that just when you're surrounded by the greatest number of enemies, you have the greatest number of opportunities to restore health

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty Warriors style. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You could try a mechanic where getting hit lowers your life meter but destroying enemies and generally blowing [censored] up boosts it back up, so that just when you're surrounded by the greatest number of enemies, you have the greatest number of opportunities to restore health

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty Warriors style. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember this but it's been years since I've played DW. I'm not talking about health powerups though; more something like a song meter in Guitar Hero
Old 08-23-2007, 04:25 AM

Health pops out of normal enemies at a small % and 100% out of generals. Results in the style you were describing. Best chance to recover health is when you're surrounded by a large number of [hopefully weak] opponents.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Health pops out of normal enemies at a small % and 100% out of generals. Results in the style you were describing. Best chance to recover health is when you're surrounded by a large number of [hopefully weak] opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I don't get is how they managed to travel back in time after stealing my idea
Old 08-23-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well seeing as I have it I should post...

picked it up today have played about 4-5 hours totall....dont feel too far into it but deep enough to have the camera....

the big daddy's are tough...wow...very tough...but just hang in there and itll work out....I've been using shotguns with the elecbolt plasmid or the winter plasmid to freeze them in place....

bots are extremely useful in fighting anything as they draw a lot of fire away from you....

but yeah first impression is that this game is nearly perfect for its purpose and story so far...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on the camera stage now. Working on getting the last 2 snapshots. I really hope I didnt miss that winter plasmid, i have 4 atm I believe. Electric, telekinesis, fire, sentry (put on enemy and sentrys hit them).

Love the game.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:39 PM

I bought the winter one at the garden in the fisheries I believe.....if not sooner...so yeah...but you could hike back or probably buy it somewhere else
Old 08-23-2007, 01:13 PM

I got an xbox elite today and downloaded the demo ldo. I think it looked great. I'm a seasoned PC FPS gamer, but I had some trouble hitting things. But that might be because I played a lot of Halo recently. So I liked the demo.

On the other hand, I read in a review on amazon (non-english) that a guy who got the full version early complained that he had completed it in less than 8 hours. He said that the gfx are great but the game is extremely short. Max Payne 2 style probably. Has anyone heard about this too? Will there be an awesome multiplayer that makes it worth paying a lot of dough when it's released instead of waiting a while until it's used and cheaper on ebay or amazon marketplace?
Old 08-23-2007, 02:49 PM

winter plasmid is teh suck
Old 08-23-2007, 04:18 PM

not sure about it being short...I've been playing for about 6-8 hours so far and I've been exploring everything as the story encourages this....so far its amazing...I've only seen one of the "upgrade your weapon" stations so I really have no clue how far into the game I am...but one thing I discovered today was the Houdini splicers...

wow...the Houdini's are probably the greatest (average difficulty) enemy in a shooter....just a fantastic monster...
Old 08-23-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got an xbox elite today and downloaded the demo ldo. I think it looked great. I'm a seasoned PC FPS gamer, but I had some trouble hitting things. But that might be because I played a lot of Halo recently. So I liked the demo.

On the other hand, I read in a review on amazon (non-english) that a guy who got the full version early complained that he had completed it in less than 8 hours. He said that the gfx are great but the game is extremely short. Max Payne 2 style probably. Has anyone heard about this too? Will there be an awesome multiplayer that makes it worth paying a lot of dough when it's released instead of waiting a while until it's used and cheaper on ebay or amazon marketplace?

[/ QUOTE ]

No multiplayer at all. The different plasmids and upgrades you can get add a ton of replaybility though. And sure, you can run through the game quickly, but there is a LOT to explore.