Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Donkbettors, calling stations and bluffers

I have had trouble with players who lead lots of flops, players who call with anything and to a lesser extent habitual bluffers/maniac types.
I was reading the Mathematics of Poker(though math may be one my weakest subjects) I think I understand most of the concepts. Especially about indifference thresholds.
I think I may have some sort of solution to this problem and I would like the forums input.

My thought is that with players that lead the flop of oop after calling a PFR I only need to react to them if they start doing too often. IF they mostly lead with made hands and a few draws than I don't need to bluff raise because I would be spewing chips. However there is a line that they can cross where bluff raising becomes profitable because they are doing it too much. Do you agree? And for the quants here how would I go about finding that line? I have just been going by "Feel" and its been working mostly but I wonder if I am missing value.
The same concept applies to calling stations but in reverse. Since I am the one doing the betting I should valuebet all the time and bluff just at the indifference threshold where they are cannot increase their ev by calling with middle, bottom pair or draws. Thoughts?

And with habitual bluffers like the players who donkbet I just have to notice when they are doing just too much and then react as soon as they range has more bluffs than valuebets.

Questions? Comments? Flames?
Old 12-01-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Donkbettors, calling stations and bluffers

You got this very right. I don't have much time atm but I may come back later and say something on how to spot what they are exactly donking (in the case of the flop donkers) etc.