Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: AKo, Late in Tournament, vs TAA, Fold Pre/Push? Is flop call Easy

If he's as tight as your suggesting than I think a pre-flop call looks pretty good. You probably don't have any folding equity and are behind his range pre-flop.

But I think you can only make this call if he'll make a continuation bet with a middle pair even if an Ace hits the flop. If you can't win any more money if an Ace hits then I'm not even sure if calling pre-flop is correct. It's close because he can certainly have AQ and you'll more than likely stack him. But there's obviously a greater chance that he has KK-TT than AQ. Against a tight aggressive player who doesn't make continuation bets when he's scared of the flop it's tough to make pre-flop calls with AK payoff. You could also make it profitable if you can raise the flop and push him off a middle pair (like JJ on a Q94 flop or something).

I think you're shoving the flop. It's a bit scary with the heart flop but you have to do it. I wouldn't want to give him a free card and let a fourth heart beat me. You might even get AK no heart to fold.