Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 09-17-2007, 06:05 PM

Default PokerStars Warning! Beware!

Over the weekend, Pokerstars sent me an email that my account had been frozen due to some guys comment that shared part of my email address. Here's a quote of the comment:

[ QUOTE ]

Your account has been temporarily frozen, pending a review and complete explanation for your statement which you made on 2+2.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?
Cat=0&Board=inet&Number=12092025&Searc hpage=1&Main=12033979&Words=+cgibson7
77&topic=&Search=true#Post12092025

"Took care of my PokerStar problem. Last 4 deposits to Stars have yet to
clear from a month ago, so I just transfered the funds out of PokerStars
and issued a stop payment on the funding account! Put a bad beat on them
for once!"

We look forawd to your reply.

Regards,

Tuan
PokerStars Security

[/ QUOTE ]
Note this is the first time I've ever even been to this site. The site looks like a wonderfull place for online information. So I'll make my point now.

First of all, I want to know how PokerStars can take a statement made in a chat forum and use it against a person's online site account. Does PokerStars actually run 2+2? As far as I can tell they don't. Watch what people say in here because even if it's not your statement they will cross reference and hold it against you.

Second of all, even if I did make the comment what right is it of a dam online poker sites? Last time I recalled PokerStars wasn't a communist nation. Guess I was wrong. If you talk trash about Stars here, you will feel it's effects on the Poker table. Watch out for big brother.

Third and finally, since Stars won't reply to my email because I guess they're too busy reading the chat forums, I'll leave my reply to them here. I didn't even realize there was a problem with the Echecks on PokerStars, which I reused last month after they opened the access from the US back up. After the wonderful hate message from Stars I decided that they were the wrong people to have access to my account.

As far as I'm concerned, my funds were opened for transfer and withdrawel from your (PokerStars) support department and available for my use as deemed appropriate. I was also ensured they had cleared [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Well Stars, I've closed my accounts since I don't want you guys being communistic within my checking account! I suggest any readers beware of transactions that haven't been made because once they pull out your money then if they take too much then you're screwed. If they haven't taken your money out yet and you've already cashed it out then.............. oh well for PokerStars.

Guess this time Stars finally takes the bad beat! Just remember people, Stars will screw all of us without thought. Now you get a chance to strike them in their pockets.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: PokerStars Warning! Beware!

from the tone of your post it sounds like you deserve whatever's going on
Old 09-17-2007, 06:15 PM

Yeah i'm lost on what is happening but in case stars is reading, please flip that little boomswitch.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:16 PM

Sure, Stars gets $10 and some VPPs. Just curious where all that extra $ in my checking came from before I froze it.......
Old 09-17-2007, 06:18 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post12092025

??? PS is freezing your account because of some other's guy's post in a thread? What do you mean "shared part of your email address"?
Old 09-17-2007, 06:19 PM

Someone made a malicious comment that I don't know:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?
Cat=0&Board=inet&Number=12092025&Searc hpage=1&Main=12033979&Words=+cgibson7
77&topic=&Search=true#Post12092025

They froze my stars account for it. I don't even know the person that made the comment. Evidently the first 4 characters of his username are the same as my email address.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:19 PM

Welcome to 2+2 new poster.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:20 PM

Its funny when these types of threads popup, there is always huge gaps of info from the story from the beginning.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:21 PM

My email addy is cgibs777@gmail.com. That guys username was cgibson777. Stars froze my account for it. I did nothing to them, on their site, or emailed them before they sent me the email above. You tell me. What right do they have?

I have done thousands in $$ with Stars and never had a problem (aside from the chat every once in awhile) until Sat when I received the email I quoted out the blue and couldn't log into Stars.

I sent them an email and they replied they would send it to the one hadling the case (WHAT FRIGGIN CASE?)

I'm definitely done with them now though.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:28 PM

I think they were probably correct to freeze your acct after seeing that.
They see a message about some guy making illegal charge-backs or whatever and they think they might know who the specific player is.
So they ask you to send an e-mail to explain the situation.

No idea why you are so hyper that they wouldn't respond to your e-mail. Of course they will.
They are likely very interested in hearing from you to clear up this matter.
Their e-mail support is very good and pretty fast. So e-mail them and clear it up if you like.

In other news, I know a C. Gibson IRL.
Are you him? Wow. Gibby, I would be really disappointed in you if this is you. Somehow I doubt it though.