Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 11-28-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL 11/29/07 NFL Thursday GAME THREAD (GB @ DAL)***

[ QUOTE ]
are the same people betting on farve to continue playing out of his mind also betting on jay feely?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean AJ Feeley? And yes, I bet on AJ Feeley last week, so....huh?

[ QUOTE ]
as bsp as this sounds, farve is due for a downswing

[/ QUOTE ]

Favre is due to perform at the level he's expected to perform. This "due for a downswing" talk is just dumb.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:55 PM

Pinnacle have it into GB +7 (-101)
Old 11-28-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pinnacle have it into GB +7 (-101)

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, not only am I on the wrong side of the books, but I got a bad line (+7 -115) to boot.

I'm such a square.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:47 PM

kyro you dont even know who i am but i've been reading these threads for quite a while and you always seem to go back on your bets! or regret you placed them!, Never regret =] btw is it wrong to ask how much 1 unit is to you guys? im just curious to know how much you guys bet on games... I'm only 18 years old and started online betting recently, I've hit 5 2 team parlays already but that was just by flipping a coin... i want to really try and get an edge in this.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:56 PM

Ha, I've only really regretted a couple, and only once did I regret a bet before the game was played out. (I lost it obv). A unit for me is $5000. Just kidding, it's $5. Gotta start somewhere though, right? Anyways, I took Ten +2 two weeks ago against Denver which was just a silly bet. I should have teased it, or if I couldn't tease it because I didn't know how (long story, don't ask), I shouldn't have played it. The only reason I'm "regretting" this bet is because everything that has happened so far points to the books liking the Cowboys here. If the books like the Cowboys, and I'm on the Packers, I'm probably in trouble.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:01 PM

oooo i see, I dont know if its wrong but i dont go by the rule that u only bet 1-2% of your bankroll... i dont have a big bank roll at all (500$) thats how much i have on bodog but i just cant seem to bet a small amount on each game... i dont really have the patience haha... maybe thats bad but whatever, I bet like 50 a game and do a lot of 2 team parlay bets and it seems to be going good, SO by betting 50 dollars a game i have a higher risk of going broke?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:04 PM

1u for me is $100, BR about 4K-5K. I basically just do it for fun and experience. If I keep winning and learning, I might get more serious about it.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:06 PM

Well the first two weeks I bet, I made 20-25 units worth of bets, so having a 10 unit bankroll would be pointless for me. I'm pretty sure most people would suggest having 100 units or so if you're serious about it, but that's just a guess.

I currently have about a 60 unit roll.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:12 PM

yeah kinda went crazy i started several days ago with 50 bucks and now suddenly i have 500 in my account... I started by putting 50 dollars on Ecuador -1(+120) which is a soccer international 2010 world cup qualifying game...that got me to over 100 dollars then i put everything i had on the eagles +25 on bodog, so i was up to 210 or something then ive done 50 dollars 2 team parlays won most and now i have 500... i know this was all luck but i think as easy as it was to get it, it would be just as easy to lose it =/... I just hope i dont go crazy and bet everything i have on the Cowboys hahaha, One question about bodog... i sent the fax of my information to them already so i can receive checks in the mail, how do i know they received them? or how long does that take?
thanks
Old 11-28-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm probably missing something huge, but these two teams are more evenly matched then the book is giving them credit for. I hate the fact that money is on GB and the line moved to 7, and I'll probably end up regretting it, but the numbers say Dallas should be 4-5 point favorites here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that the line is actually pretty accurate, although I would put it more at Green Bay +5 or +6 (which I think it opened at?). I think Dallas is about a field goal better on a neutral field. I think Green Bay is quite good, but overrated, they have luckboxed their way into several wins, has an easier schedule, and lost to an awful Bears team. Favre and the offense are obviously putting up ridiculous numbers, but then again so is Romo and Dallas. Dallas meanwhile has convincingly defeated everyone except the Pats, who they put up a pretty good showing against, and the Redskins in a rivalry game which is always close, against a tougher schedule. Green Bay also is heavily injured, nd will likely be missing several starters, including possibly Woodson. Without Woodson, I see little chance of them being able to cover TO. On top of that, Green Bay is awful at covering TEs, and Witten should have a monster game. Likely staying away from this, and also pretty confused why apparently the public is on Green Bay (according to espn.com poll obv) when Dallas would seem like the BSP favorite here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see the Eagles game in Week 1, but from everything I've seen/heard/read that was a lucky win.

Outside of that the luckbox theme w/ GB seems exaggerated to me. How were they any more lucky in Denver than they were unlucky vs. Chicago? They fumbled twice fairly deep in Bears territory & were on the wrong end of every questionable call.
Even if they could easily be 7-3, how many NFC teams go into NYG, Minnesota, Detroit on Thxgiving and dominate most of the game? Denver/KC isn't an easy back-to-back 6 day road trip either.
Plus the Cowboys homefield is very 'meh' - certainly not worth more than the usual 3 imo.