Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: In a 3way pot, on a really rag flop such as 7high, do you cbet 1st to act?
Yes 11 68.75%
No 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2006, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Ask Anacardo about his personal life!

[ QUOTE ]
(Not to get super nerdy but I think a strong sexual moral code kind of goes against our instincts to both survive and reproduce.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to agree or disagree with anyone's stance on all this, but I always find it funny when people use this arguement. Not giving in to instincts is what separates us from animals. I mean, we can't just run around giving in to every animal impulse we have.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(Not to get super nerdy but I think a strong sexual moral code kind of goes against our instincts to both survive and reproduce.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to agree or disagree with anyone's stance on all this, but I always find it funny when people use this arguement. Not giving in to instincts is what separates us from animals. I mean, we can't just run around giving in to every animal impulse we have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just, y'know, most of 'em. Right? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2006, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That is kind of a strawman but I will let it pass since I agree with what you are saying.... I am not advocating we devolve into chimps and beat each other over the head with sticks...

(i think we might actually possess an instinct to neither want to kill nor be killed but I will not get sidetracked again!)

but there are certain parts of our animalism (consensual sex) that are a little harder to tame than the severe ones.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:57 PM

fwiw i think anacardo deserves some respect for at least trying to discuss this out in the open.

also. tell kittykat tostop filling up anacardo's message box
Old 07-31-2006, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill keep this short to completely prevent another hijack:

Studies in sociobiology indicate that humans "give in to their instincts" far far far FAR more than most humans would like to believe.

It took cultural evoltuion 50 thousand years to seperate hunmans from animals, and it will probably take science 1000 years to bring them back together.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:07 AM

CMI might just have set the record for most hijacks after saying no more hijacks.

more trainwreck, less biology talk.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:08 AM

KK,

have you had similar experiences with other boys, which may have lead you to react the way you did?
Old 07-31-2006, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KK,

have you had similar experiences with other boys, which may have lead you to react the way you did?

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly enough,

My sophomore year, I had met this girl through a friend, and we ended up having a class together, so we exchanged IMs. One night, I had heard she was going to this dance marathon, and I was considering taking my gf at the time there. I called the girl's cell phone to ask her about the marathon. A guy answered and pretty much threatened me. So that was weird enough, but I was just on my computer and I noticed she had come back from idle, so IM'd her to ask her what it was all about, and she blocked me. Pissed off, I got on another name (bad idea?) and went off on her. She flipped out and called me a stalker and whatnot. I talked to our mutual friend a day or so later and he claimed that she had had bad experiences with "true" stalkers, hence her overdefensiveness.

I'm not saying this is the case here, but it just seems like a relevant anecdote.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:36 AM

KK,

Based on what little I know of this situation, your concerns do not seem to coincide with your actions.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the record:

KK and I had a little chat last night; apologies were made & received, hatchets were buried & we basically hugged that [censored] out. So that's all more or less taken care of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude come on. If I were you and if she did all that crap to me, I'd never talk to her, muchless let her apologize and "burry the hatchet."