Have girlfriend/boyfriend 131 24.30%
Married 111 20.59%
Separated 1 0.19%
Divorced 10 1.86%
Widowed 3 0.56%
Voters: 539. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2006, 02:31 AM

Default Re: this chick is fat, yo

All this talk of misogyny is sure making me thirsty. OP - fix me a drink, and I'm not asking twice.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:31 AM

Could someone please define misogyny, b/c people are using that word a lot and I don't think they know what it means.

Inconceivable!
Old 05-19-2006, 03:42 AM

mi·sog·y·ny (mi-soj'e-ne)
n.

Hatred of women.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mi·sog·y·ny (mi-soj'e-ne)
n.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-19-2006, 11:12 AM

What do you tell a woman with a black eye?

Nothing, you done told the bitch once...

horrible i know, but damn i still laugh every time.

Surprised no one has put a shot of the o rly owl over some fat chicks face yet...

Real question though...am i the only one who thinks fat chicks have cute faces? The rest is blah, but the faces are generally kinda cute...or do i have an in the closet "big luvin" fetish?
Old 05-19-2006, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Brillant retort.

You're a towel!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I can't believe I read this whole thread.

I guess I am the only one who laughed their ass off at everything this "retard" said.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That wasn't my point. My point was if they are going to be hypercritical of women, I would be happy to be hypercritical of them. I am as far from physical perfection as it is possible to be, but that wouldn't stop me from pointing out every little flaw of our 2p2ers, just as they do for women.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is that the men reading your comments wouldn't then go and create a whiny thread about how all OOT women hate men. Most of the men reading your comments would dismiss them and not assume that you were speaking on behalf of women everywhere.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The difference between short men and ugly women is that for women the pressure is coming from everywhere. Every magazine cover, every commercial, every movie, and from a young age they are brought up thinking that being attractive is their number one goal, because no one likes an ugly girl.

The other difference is that a 5'9 man is generally not going to have emotional problems because of his height because he's average, but an average looking girl is very likely to, a 6'4 guy isn't going cut himself because he's not Yao Ming, but the pretty girl who's not a beauty queen just might.

Like I said, guys don't understand the kind of pressure women are under.

[/ QUOTE ]

boo fricken hoo.

women have it easy in the West compared to men. There, I said it and I'm not going to take it back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not knowing firsthand how men do or do not have it, I can't really say whether Dominic is right or not. I would assume that Dominic likewise does not have firsthand experience of being female, although in these days of sex-reassignment surgery, well, who knows....However, from my firsthand experience of being a woman and from observation of men, I can say that I personally would choose to be female, if I ever had a choice. My principal reason for making that choice is not that one sex or the other has it "better" (it seems to me that on the whole just being human pretty much sucks), but because men are biologically precluded from what I have found to be the most profound experience of life--pregnancy and childbirth.

Obviously there are cultures in the world in which women are severely repressed (an example would be Saudi Arabia),and if I had lived my life in one of those cultures, I would likely not choose to be female.

But in the cultures with which I am familiar (the US and northwestern Europe), I would say that from my POV the combination of nature and culture gives being female the edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had a choice, I think being female would be preferable because women do not have to deal with constantly thinking about/wanting sex and the problems associated with this. Also, in our current culture women retain advantages from their past perception as the weaker sex, but are treated as equals (as they should be) for the most part in areas that matter. Example: Women are not required to register for the draft, but can join the military if they choose to.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
women do not have to deal with constantly thinking about/wanting sex and the problems associated with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

what world are you living in?

i'm not providing a judgment based on which sex "has it better" but your examples are horrible. especially this one. wtf?
Old 05-19-2006, 07:09 PM

I think the draft is an excellent example for what he argues*

note: I am not saying he is right, just that this particular example is a good one.

Melch