Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 01:59 PM

Default 2-4 Live, trips on the flop

Hi all

This is from a live 2-4 game. No one at the table is capable of thinking like a 2+2'er. Everyone is pretty ABC. Everyone is close to $400.

Villian #1 is a lagtard. Earlier, he bluffed a flop, then CALLED a 50bb raise with an ace over and a backdoor flush draw. He gives off confidence tells.

Villian #2 Is the world's biggest nit. He open min raises with AA, KK, QQ, and AK, AQ, and maybe AJs, and nothing else, and never more. With AA or KK, he will 4 bet all in. If he gets a favorable flop, he pushes all in ( ie overpair or better) I've seen him do this with an overpair, 2 pair, and a set. He's generally scared to play post flop and always expects to lose. He min raised earlier and then folded KK pre-flop. he check folded trips on a flop for 1 bet.

Villian #3 is a straight forward nit. Only ever bets tp or better. Only raises the nuts.

Pre-Flop
Villian #2 UTG 'min' raises to 10. A couple of calls, Hero calls on the button with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villian #1 in SB calls, BB calls.

Flop is K

(Pot ~60$)Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Everyone checks to hero. Hero bets $40. Villian #1 Check raises to $120 total.

V#1 gives off 3 tells here that he's not confident, so i put him on a flush draw. With any 6 he would be very happy, and would not raise to shut everyone else out ( which of course is bad with a flush draw - but that's how he plays).

V#2 ( the world's biggest nit) grumbles about someone having quads. His range is pretty narrow here, so I put him on Ak or AA. The only hand he'd ever slowplay is KK, but he is not confident here, and the odds are against it.

V#3 is the only other caller. He is likely drawing to a flush or has a big King. He'd reraise pre with KK, and doesn't play any 6 here except A6s, and would likely bet or raise the flop with that.

So, the pot is $460, and its $80 to me to call. Do i call or shove? I can't see folding here. I'm very confident that V#1 and V#3 are drawing or way behind.

V#2 ( the nit) is scared, but he doesn't know how to value hands.

I shoved the here. I got some weird looks and others commented that i couldn't possible think i was good there.

What does everyone think? Are my reads reasonable?

marrek
Old 11-21-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: 2-4 Live, trips on the flop

Well, clearly with your reads a 3bet or shove is definitely the best line.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: 2-4 Live, trips on the flop

shove