Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 01:20 PM

Default Uncertain with ATs

Villain in this hand is 60/20ish but I don't have a huge number of hands with him. On a previous hand, he pushed all in on the turn against me for a decent sized pot and got me to fold. I've got a sneaking suspicion that he made a move on me there but one of my leaks is seeing people making moves when they are just playing their two cards.

I'm 23/13ish and aggressive postflop. Table has been letting me steal their blinds and limps and folding with regularity to cbets. Haven't been a lot of showdowns other than an AA versus KK preflop all-in that doubled me up.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($25)
UTG ($19.17)
MP ($24.40)
Hero ($65.50)
Button ($22.60)
SB ($46.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls $1.

Villain's hand range is pretty large here. What two cards won't he limp with though? What would he limp in with and call a PFR raise with? I feel like I should have a feel for this, but I don't (not just against villain, but in general).

Flop: ($2.85) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

Plan is to call here and pop a safe turn. Is that too LHE thinking?

Turn: ($8.85) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5.81</font>, MP calls $5.81.

Turn is safe, villain checks. I bet 2/3 of the pot. I chose 2/3 because its enough to give improper odds to draw to a flush, but small enough to still induce a call from a lot of players. Its also small enough for weaker hands to come along and I can also get away from it if villain comes over the top allin.

River: ($20.47) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP bets $14.34 (All-In)..

Hrmm, ok. Definitely not what I expected to see on a blank. My TP doesn't seem so good here anymore. Did I just get beaten by A8, is villain making a play?
Old 07-26-2006, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Uncertain with ATs

I don't know if I'd bet the turn on that board. River bet could be monster or bluff. I fold (although villain played this oddly on the turn).
Old 07-26-2006, 01:27 PM

I check behind on the turn, probably fold the river as is. But, you are ahead of A8.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I check behind on the turn, probably fold the river as is. But, you are ahead of A8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah, of course - how embarrassing for me.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I check the turn.

If a blank hits (like the 8) I still fold to a push. What sized bet can I call?

If a blank hits and he checks to me, am I checking through or value betting it? Is there anything I beat that he can call?

If another flush card hits, I have to fold to pretty much anything.

Correct?