Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: 50-1 HU vs doodlefish

I bought WC3 last night. So far, I usually end up with a 1/4 K/D record by the end of DOTA. Are you any good???
Old 09-29-2007, 11:11 PM

what are you ahead of?
Old 09-30-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this was 10-20 or 25-50, I'd put a bluff in his range more often, but at 50-100, I think he's out of his comfort zone and his bluffing frequency will be severely diminished.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw i think the exact opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]
“zomg NERVOUS zomg look at CHIPS zomguhhhh BET!!!”
Old 09-30-2007, 01:39 AM

raptor, you're a very unique HU player and it's really tough to describe what to do on the turn. the reason is because limping like that is simply not apart of my game, so it's hard to create this sort of dynamic (ie, what range he's min bet donking on the flop, bc his cards there are obv 100% minus whatever he hasnt been raising OOP with)

really I dont think a 4bet is good because it overreps your hand. he may go busto with k5 or 75 but most of the time the money goes in you're in trouble.

really the raise is needed and once he 3bets i liek calling and taking a river, like you did.

id probably fold the river also, but i have a feelign you called and crushed his soul.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i agree. i think a big part of this river is how aggressive he is OOP. vs most who would definitely raise 77 and 55 preflop, this is a pretty easy call since you really only lose to 68. Otherwise, it becomes much much closer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not K9? 97?
Old 09-30-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just dont know if he 3-bets K9 on the turn that often, but fair enough. The other thing is given the action, it seems a bit less likely for him to full pot 86 than a boat or a bluff. Not saying he wouldn't, but I don't think the math comes down to pure combinations... you should consider frequency and with that, sets do matter a bit more. But fair point.

[/ QUOTE ]

you serious? I may be going on a hunch but raptor isnt open limping 55, 77, 99 too? K9 is like the 2nd nuts in my mind in that pot, and raptor can be raising the turn with a lot of weaker hands or semibluffs, it's a small pot. id fire a 3bet easy for clear value in villains shoes with k9.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this was 10-20 or 25-50, I'd put a bluff in his range more often, but at 50-100, I think he's out of his comfort zone and his bluffing frequency will be severely diminished.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw i think the exact opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]
“zomg NERVOUS zomg look at CHIPS zomguhhhh BET!!!”

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, good post.

i agree with the others though, when people are out of their comfort zones (but are good regulars IN their cmofort zones) they normally have out-of-whack aggression frequencies, so a weird bluff here (ESPECIALLY for full pot) def. is something that is possible.

however, id fold.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:52 AM

Hands that make sense to have you beat are 55/77/97/95/68, and I think they're all fairly likely given how the hand played out. I'm with everyone else, turn looks good, river is disgusting, and with no reads and no history I'd flip a coin...
have you seen him pot river before like that while playing with him in the other games? I sorta have trouble believing he's doing it with a full boat, then again it's not exactly impossible either. On the turn he was saying that your K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] was no good, and on the river that's exactly what you have, but being there you're the only one who can decide if you believe him.

Kirk
Old 09-30-2007, 02:08 AM

ez call ez shippin
Old 09-30-2007, 02:15 AM

i'd probably get it in on the turn because you have the second strongest hand that he could expect you to have given that you flatted the flop and limped pre.

however, i would prob fold this river, becuase i think the 9 hits a fairly strong portion of his semi-bluffing range, and i would imagine the nine would look like a good card to you, lessening his bluff %