Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 09:24 AM

Default AK TP OOP

Hi, first time posting here. A little background: I'm just another small stakes limit player moving over to NL. I've been lurking here for awhile and have decided to get my feet wet.
I was a bit lost in this hand (as I usually am OOP). Should I be playing this WA/WB all the way? Not a huge read on the villan. I only had 40 hands on him and he was a tighty 8/8/2. Not sure about the flop, turn or river. I'll most often reraise this preflop, but decided to just call this time. The bet on the river was supposed to be a blocking bet and when he raised I really couldn't put him on a hand.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($0)
MP ($110.55)
Button ($119.80)
Hero ($101.60)
BB ($148.65)

Preflop: Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, Hero (poster) calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($9) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7.

Turn: ($23) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $16</font>, Button calls $16.

River: ($55) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $75</font>
Old 06-21-2006, 09:50 AM

Default Re: AK TP OOP

I've only been playing for a couple of months, so if I'm saying stupid things feel free to correct me.

Being on the button opens up his range of playable hands, going from any 2 suited to pocket aces.
He makes a standard 4BB raise, so let's put him on an ace with any kicker, Qx, Kx, Jx, 10x, XXc
He bets after you checked : he might have top pair, middle pair, a flushdraw, a straight draw or nothing (thinking you are weak (call preflop, check post flop) and trying to pick up the pot)
Personally I would have c-raised him here to find out where I was 'cause I think you are ahead here.
You bet right out after the turn for half the pot, he calls. Not much information there but maybe he made his flush.
You bet 1/3 of the pot on the river but he reraises you
I'd say he had his flush on the turn, or he has a 9.

Maybe I'm saying dumb things here, so please correct if needed :-)