Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: My buddy claims that Mig_net scammed him for $200

[ QUOTE ]
how do people fall for this stuff?

i maan seriously not to pour salt in his wounds but some guy contacts you via a poekrsite and wants money and u trust him!?

come on ffs people open those blue eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to post something very similar. You have to laugh at how naieve these people are
Old 10-22-2007, 02:31 PM

Kid with no soul steals somebodys money? News at 11!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:33 PM

IŽd say that if a person contacts you to make a transfer then he should be the first one to send money.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:00 PM

r u fuuckin retarded... james just won 500k in the wcoop and 700k at wsop plus all his other online cashes and u think he is gonna do something so stupid as to scam someone for 200 bucks? gtfoh.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IŽd say that if a person contacts you to make a transfer then he should be the first one to send money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly... why would you be the first to transfer money to someone you don't know? This sounds like those stories about 90 year old grandma's getting scammed out of money because they gave some guy who knocked on their door $5000 to invest for them.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:17 PM

Ok, I was the victim. I've done transferes/trades before without a problem. I keep it small so if I am scammed I move on. So I'm sitting on UB waiting to start the 11PM tourny and "mig_net" askes to trade money. Since I have a hard time getting $$ on Pstars I offer to ship him 200 on FT and he'll ship me 200 on stars.

Here's where it gets interesting. I asked him how much he wanted to do and he says "I'm a big player, how much can you do?" Then he links me to the "real" mig.com ranking on pocket5's and it lists "mig_net" and UB handle for this guy. So I transfer the money.

I joked on girly chat that I'm getting scammed and I expect the dude to disappear. But he doesn't and we have a nice chat and he knows all this bio stuff about the real "mig.com". Then I check my Pstars balance and nothing happening; no transfer. He says I'm stuck at Foxwoods and I'm suspended from Stars for 24 hours I'll get it to you. Assuming this is the real guy I'm not worried its only 200 bucks I'll give him a day or two. This was Friday night and wee hours of Sat. morning.

Saturday I'm out with the family and I get a couple text messages but I couldn't talk. Then I get a phone call from a restricted number. I figure hell if I was 21 and had a million bucks I wouldn't want losers like me calling him to ask for money. So again I couldn't talk because I was in the car with the gang and I wanted to see my Pstars balance. When I get home no money in stars. So now I'm pretty certain I've been duped and the purported mig IM's me that night when I was back online. Offering me 500 for 350 WU deals and what not.

Of course I replied that he had to be F'n nuts to think I would move another dime considering the circumstances. He says I put in the transfer but am still suspended from stars.

The end. Moral of the story I was scammed by a pretty good con. There are a lot of little details I don't want to get into I just wanted a couple bucks on stars since I transfered a lot of it to some friends in exchange for real life greenbacks. I just can't belive the dude didn't just disappear after I made the initial transfer. He hung around on Friday and had the balls to call back Saturday.

So to whoever ripped me off, you still owe me $200.00 or you'll have bad poker karma.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:34 PM

Yea definitely wasnt me. I usually try and avoid site to site transfers at all costs and then if for some reason I really had to to done I would do it with one of my friends I trust. I would never ask some random person to do a transfer.

My name on UB is mig_net but he probably did something like make it all capitals so he could use a lower case L instead of an i.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea definitely wasnt me. I usually try and avoid site to site transfers at all costs and then if for some reason I really had to to done I would do it with one of my friends I trust. I would never ask some random person to do a transfer.

My name on UB is mig_net but he probably did something like make it all capitals so he could use a lower case L instead of an i.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you would know, scammer.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:44 PM

Please no more of these posts...if your dumb enough to GIVE money to total strangers then bitch in a community expecting sympathy...wrong place. These posts tilt me hard!
Old 10-22-2007, 04:58 PM

sounds like you/your friend are pretty stupid for sending out money to random people on the internet, that said - can anyone transfer me $500/1000 on Stars/Tilt, I'm having trouble with my neteller account

pm for sn