Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 06:45 AM

Default Self medicating

I identified tilt early into my poker forays. it usually hit a few hours into a session, id just start leaking chips, basically i considered tilt playing a C or even D game. anyway, I would smoke weed and think about poker, and go "wow, agression, meta game etc etc" and think i had figured some shiet out. then i'd play and be really involved in what i was doing and making great calls. after the weed wore off though, id honestly be a like a confused nobody who was allowed to see how the "smarts" lived. So finally i figured it was medicating my faulty brain with thc that gave me the initiative (golden poker word) to play my A game. discuss?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Self medicating

I agree with you completely. Weed is my anti-tilt. it's as simple as that. However, something to consider. Maybe it's not the THC that's helping our game, maybe it's simply the act of taking a break to smoke pot. Taking a 5 minute break to blaze when you feel oncoming tilt may be the best remedy, simply b/c it forces you to take a short break. i will say that my results when stoned are far and away better than those sans tree.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you completely. Weed is my anti-tilt. it's as simple as that. However, something to consider. Maybe it's not the THC that's helping our game, maybe it's simply the act of taking a break to smoke pot. Taking a 5 minute break to blaze when you feel oncoming tilt may be the best remedy, simply b/c it forces you to take a short break. i will say that my results when stoned are far and away better than those sans tree.

[/ QUOTE ] Nah ERAC. I have to disagree with you bro. I roll up before the session and smoke during the session,lol!!! I just found my boys number in my phone and Im about to re-up on some fat sacks. Home boy is giving me the ill regs at a discount. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2007, 03:54 PM

long live anti-tilt!
Old 08-02-2007, 04:48 PM

Studying the game, regardless of the assistance of external substances, is perhaps the best cure for tilt. As with most drugs, the beneficial effects can be acheived through sobriety. Long-term use may prevent you from maximally exploiting this ability. Or it may not. When you're too tilted to play, use those hours to study the game.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:30 PM

study the game AND study why your tilting and the ridiculousness of it...if u can recognize ur emotional faults/weaknesses you can change them(not by eliminating them) but by letting them work for you rather than against you!
Old 08-03-2007, 07:30 AM

erac mentioned in another thread, the "regulatory effect on your emotional state" that weed has, this nails it on the head. also there is stimulant properties, the stereotype of the confused stoner only goes so far, usually im quite lucid or interested in somthing for a change. studying is of course required blah blah