Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 02:42 AM

Default Re: \"The Game\" Book discussion

I recommended this book to a fifty year old women.

She loved it.

I think that almost anyone can find parts of this book enjoyable but the actual pua content can be debated endlessly.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If sex is what makes you happy, I feel very sorry for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
For a self-contained sort of guy, the affections of a beautiful woman can make you very happy. There's endless fun with beautiful women.

If you're looking for a mother, PUA stuff probably isn't for you.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:17 AM

K. So where is the manual?
Old 09-04-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes women actually know what they're getting into, they are just going along because they are intrigued or bored or lonely. It's not always because we're sooo dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with you that probably 60% of seduction is just showing up [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] There's two things I don't get though. If they're "just going along with it", why do women often end up regretting it? And secondly, why do they reject these exact same guys when not being manipulated?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone can play these games. Most of us don't choose to. It's all about manipulation. I could manipulate certain guys if I really wanted to.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree to an extent, but could you get any guy you want into bed? Of course games work on the vulnerable or those that like you for other reasons (such as being hot), but ordinary guys can use these techniques to game otherwise unwilling women into sex. And as much as you may want to subvert it, sex is the point for guy, at least at first. Unless he wants a mommy.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:28 AM

Do not read! Its worthles drivel, not even mildly entertaining.
Just be yourself and eventually you'll find what you want.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:48 PM

Is mommy slang for something that I'm not aware of? I'd much rather have a real connection with a woman than to have sex with some random 10/10. In fact I have not found sex with people I don't care about to be fulfilling whatsoever. Sure I enjoy the pursuit and the sex itself is good, but after it's all said and done I wish there was something more to it.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:05 PM

I found this book extremely entertaining. Neil Strauss is a very good writer and this book really hooked me.

Shortly after I read this book I was sitting in a cafe and overheard the conversation of a couple on their first date who were sitting at a table near me. Hilariously, the guy was running through many of the different "games" that Neil used in "The Game" (such as "The Cube"). I think he went through 2 or 3 of these, and I have never seen a girl so uncomfortable in my life. Obviously this stuff can and does work, but it's supposed to be more of a spice rather than the meat and potatoes of the entire interaction. Thankfully for me, this guy had no idea and provided me with at least a few minutes of entertainment [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Strauss has a written a few other biographies, one on Marilyn Manson which is pretty good, and I believe another on Jenna Jameson.

As for using these techniques in your every day pickup... I personally haven't tried any of the gimmicks, and like blackize, I too feel kind of empty after skronking a girl that I have little interest in beyond sex.