Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 03:52 PM

Default wpx changes rakeback

well, I wasnt to satisfied today when I oppened up my wpxclient, realizing that the rb went down to 75%. I Have been playing there becouse of the full rb, but this is going to eat into the profit when u play a lot. If the games is not softning up as a result of this I think I will be off to try some new sites.
Whats do you guys think of the wpx rb change and how will that affect the games there?
Guess I will spend the time today looking good rb deals and good games on other sites instead of playing...
Old 07-02-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: wpx changes rakeback

ive been so depressed about this all day, im definitely not playing there anymore since it decreases my profits monthly by more than 25% since Im a slight loser pre rb.

hopefully it will work out for the best since wsex was probably a second rate option for sites anyways profitability wise (or so ive been told forever but never listened).

its just such a pain in the ass to get money on sites tho and i just took half my roll off wsex today and wont see that money for a few weeks, so am stuck playing there for now and seeing how much less rake I accrue is annoying as [censored] since I see x dollars raked and know it would normally have been x dollars + 33%.

anyone wanna help me come up with a new poker plan? i guess i should ck out the internet forum and figure out what the deposit bonuses and rb deals are and PS vip program and what not. PM me if u think u have any good advice.

edit: to add how sad it is this was my 3000th post [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2007, 05:50 PM

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do. I think this means that 5/10 and below is pretty much unplayable for me, unless I really change my style. While I think I could settle into a tighter style pretty seamlessly, I'm far more concerned with my results at 10/20+, and I think I may jeopardize that if I try and re-make myself for 5/10.

In terms of 10/20+ on WPEX, I think I'm actually going to have to use some table selection (particularly if I play 2-3/4 handed). I've been doing ok pre-rakeback, so I don't think this will be all that damning, but I need to stop playing in bad games. So, no more playing da_enigma HU to work on my HU game, etc.

Ultimately, I understand their reasons for dropping the rakeback. I can't reasonably expect a company to continue along a path that costs them money, but at the same time, I have to put my interests first. I really hope this leads to bigger and better things at WPEX, since even "just" 75% is still pretty damn nice. So, I guess it's now just wait and see. I might cash out most of what I still have on WPEX and try and re-build while learning NL, while shifting most of my LHE torture over to PS/FTP for the time being. I've been considering it anyway just to get more hands in. Who knows. I wish I could afford to leave enough on WPEX for 10/20+ while moving enough to PS/FTP for the same limits, but that'll stretch me a bit too thin.

Of course, this happens just as it looks like the year is finally turning in my favor. Bah humbug.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ive been so depressed about this all day, im definitely not playing there anymore since it decreases my profits monthly by more than 25% since Im a slight loser pre rb.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF how many hands? The games must really suck [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2007, 12:24 AM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

If affiliates can drive more traffic to the site, this is not a bad thing
Old 07-04-2007, 12:51 AM

Lucky I recently started playing too big for all there regulalar games... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But yeah, this sucks..

JT