Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: NBA Playoffs in-game thread (LIVE!!)

LOL at Kerr at the end there, "now you have to start worrying about fatigue, did the Suns players play too many minutes?" WTF, yeah let's pack it in for game five so we can be fresh for games six and seven. Also, these are world-class athletes, how the hell is 8-10 MINUTES of extra play going to affect them two days later? The only reason I would give his point any merit is his long tenure in the NBA, but it just sounds stupid all around.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tim Duncan seriously needs to win DPOY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next year, you mean? Doubt it. It's all downhill from here for Timmeh.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow i didn't realize how terrible barbosa is...he may have been amazing during the Laker series...but everytime i see the ball go through his hands it's painful. I see him run the fast break and then run mach 4 and it's just pure recklessness. Does this guy [censored] know anything?

i think steve nash could make me be 6th man of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

i liken barbosa's bball iq to that of a child. he needs to grow up alot with regard to 'what to do in this situation' etc. he's easily exploited bc of that
Old 05-17-2007, 01:45 AM

www.firedavidstern.com - lol Cuban
What a garbage basketball game today. And about the fatigue comment, yeah I don't play hoops, but maybe it's like a pitcher where most of the danger/wear comes from playing when they are fatigued already. I know there's no similar breakdown in mechanics, at least one that could cause injury, but Nash is old and all. Even the best player in the game (Kobe) tends to break down in the 4th quarter if he's played the game scoring hard with no rest.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:57 AM

Rofl @ garbage basketball game. This game was superb.

And Kobe doesn't break down in the 4th. He just sucks and shoots fadeaway Js over 3 people.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gregg Popovich is also a superb coach. Is there a coach close to him?

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh, relax.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:36 AM

Thomas has to be the worst pick and roller ever. Why not run that with Marion instead?
Old 05-17-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thomas has to be the worst pick and roller ever. Why not give the ball to super hot Marion in the 4th quarter instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 05-17-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow i didn't realize how terrible barbosa is...he may have been amazing during the Laker series...but everytime i see the ball go through his hands it's painful. I see him run the fast break and then run mach 4 and it's just pure recklessness. Does this guy [censored] know anything?

i think steve nash could make me be 6th man of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

i liken barbosa's bball iq to that of a child. he needs to grow up alot with regard to 'what to do in this situation' etc. he's easily exploited bc of that

[/ QUOTE ]

he had such a terrible game and terrible series for all I care. i just cringe everytime the balls goes through his hands...it's like nash should steal the [censored] ball away from him so doesn't get a chance to do something terrible, god awful that makes you want to kill yourself. if he has a clear shot in the lane and there's not TIMMY D waiting for you, then maybe he should take it to the lane. Cuz' right now he's really worthless...he can't shoot open shots, and he can't even make his FT's. I'd rather he go to the goddamn bench and just bring Jalen Rose or some veteran.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL at Kerr at the end there, "now you have to start worrying about fatigue, did the Suns players play too many minutes?" WTF, yeah let's pack it in for game five so we can be fresh for games six and seven. Also, these are world-class athletes, how the hell is 8-10 MINUTES of extra play going to affect them two days later? The only reason I would give his point any merit is his long tenure in the NBA, but it just sounds stupid all around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve Kerr never averaged more than 25 minutes a game in any season. He would have been beat going 40+. He is just another in a long line of commentators who color their work with their own personal experiences because it is all they know.

On another note, have we acknowledged that the separate in game thread is a complete failure and shouldn't be done for events longer than one game?