Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Important AP Questions

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]My biggest concern is that AP has had weeks to cover up a lot of activity before the auditors arrived. Think about it, does it make good "business sense" to admit to cheating that hasn't been discovered and is easy to cover up. This would mean they would have to pay back the money, send out more emails, and take a lot more really bad press, all negatives. The only positive of admitting to the past cheating would be to convince people that they are on the up and up now. However, this would also involve admitting that the cheating had been going on for a very long time and involved upper mgmt. There are better ways to repair your reputation other than admitting to more cheating. If they get caught deleting or hiding the past information they can just blame it on AJ or another employee anyway.

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]With this in mind, members of this community have another opportuntiy to stick it to AP and to help victims get their money back. We should start a thread that is called "Possible AP Super User Accts" or something like that and everyone can collectively research these suspicious accounts.

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Dan Druff, your posts are great, and I beleive you when you say AP hasnt been stealing from the high stakes player for years. This makes sense, think about it when they first started using the super account(s), it would make sense that they used it just in the big tourneys. The victims are much less likely to know they have been cheated (the HH data is so much more incomplete and the players aren't as versed at recognizing cheating) plus your constantly moved around, and they may have been able to manipulate where to be moved to. Also, they may have not wanted to steal from their best customers at first. Thats one part of this scandal that really rubbed me the wrong way, stealing from your best customers, true scum bags. Plus AP used to be tiny and didnt have as many high stakes games, the big tourneys offered a bigger score. Anyway, point is there is an extremely good chance that they were cheating in the big tourneys long ago and avoided detection and now covered it up before auditors arrived. I think its really important that we try to uncover as much past cheating as possible. Who knows the scope of their cheating? We should be looking at everything we can. Is there a site that keeps the data for APs MTTs?

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Does anyone know of a starting cards, flop, and board analysis for AP? I have seen them for other sites, Paradise Poker and PokerStars. Here is a link to what I am talking about. If anyone wants a database to analyze i have over 300K hands on AP over 3 or 4 yrs. Statistical Analysis

[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Does anyone have any other ideas on how AP may have cheated us in the past? Did someone post earlier that they had the ability to create money out of thin air to be used at the tables? If this is true, why not have people playing without super user accounts just to create rake, if they lose, more money in the pool? Speaking of super evil privately held, corporations, The Federal Reserve can pull money out of thin air and "loan" it to the US Govt., but I dont think this would work for APs acct practices. Anyone have any info about this?

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]These guys should be prosecuted, their activity was so blatantly criminal. I have spent hours reading posts but never saw a clear answer, has AP talked about whether they are going to prosecute anyone? Is there any law enforcement agencies involved in the case, currently? And if they arent going to prosecute, then there is absolutely no reason we should give them any opportunity to win our trust back. You should cancel your trip if this is the case, IMO.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]TonyRoflmao, amazing job diggin up obscure and useful facts!! Could you or anyone else share some of the techniques you use? The only thing I use is Google and Google News.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]McBill: He has an account on pocket 5s, claims to live in Helena, Montana and go by the name of Bob McWilliams and last visited the site on 5/18/07. Some people have speculated that this may be William W. McMahon a frat buddy of Scott Toms. It is suspicious and worth looking into, however his bio and info sure seems like this really is Bob McWilliams. Anyone have any ideas on how we can prove who McBill is? He plays at all the sites, so maybe we could contact one of them and see what name they have listed under that account. Doing a person search for these 2 might be useful too. It would make sense to me that if a Scott had a frat buddy living in Montana that plays a lot of online poker, including on Absolute Poker he may contact him and make sure he "wins" a big one on AP and then split the profit. All they would have to do is use messenger or a phone.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]Adanthar, do you know the identity of the leaker of the excel document? Did AP fire him? How long do you think AP has been using the super acct(s)? Do you think there is more than one super user acct?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]Sorry if the post is too long, I have a bunch more questions and ideas that I will post later. Thanks so much to everyone who has sacraficed time at the poker tables and elsewhere to help bring down AP. I wonder how much rake was lost because of this scandal, simply due to the fact that big players were reading and researching instead of playin, lol.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Important AP Questions

TL;DR.

Go read v3984098.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:04 PM

thanks for nothing, really
Old 10-25-2007, 08:20 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]