Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Advice on my stats...

I'm think I'm a losing player. That feeling sucks, and I just keep losing my money to players who keep calling to the river. My KK and AA are seldom called preflop, my sets has been downed by flushes, and my flushes never come. It's been pretty frustrating, so dun mind help take a look at my stats? Advise is appreciated...

I ran really well when I used the SSHE starting hands for loose games (6-8 players), and my VP$IP went up to near 18%. But now I tightened a lot, cos my hands keep getting busted, or flopping nothing. in addition, I remember reading in this forum that Boz mentioned that starting hands standard is no longer very applicable to micros nowadays.

There seems to be a huge spew in my Big Blind. Am I defending my blinds too much? How do I gauge that I am not overplaying my blinds?

Position Stats

Detailed General Stats

General Stats
Old 10-22-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Advice on my stats...

Did you read the sticky on stats?

Anyway -- at the general tab I have a lower AF than you (all a bit under 2 and I have a higher went to showdown. Also, don't open-limp in late position, I think you do that too much, raise it up so you can (try to) take down the blinds more than 27%.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:36 PM

From a quick glance I think you are going to Showdown too seldom. Try to get that stat up. Your river AF will most likely go down, but it might be that you are getting bluffed out of some pots there.

Also, you need to steal some more blinds and defend your BB better, especially HU. Don't automatically fold T8s HU in BB from a raise from SB, e.g.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:44 PM

folding lots of winners, not playing enough hands, instead of tightening if you don't get action on your AA then you need to loosen up a bit.

People know you are tight scared and are hammering you when you hesitate and fold when you keep the pedal down.

You need to steal more, should be around 1/3 of the time because your success is very high.

I think you may be overplaying the blinds a bit but not much.

Essentially I would add 3-5% hand range preflop and see what happens from there.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Some thoughts

Everyone loses money in the blinds.

You aren't defending enough against blind steals. You also probably don't try to steal the blinds enough.

Your AF is screwy. It's hard to analyse but the turn AF shouldn't be so much higher than the flop.

You fold too much. WTSD is too low.

The loose game chart doesn't apply to any FR .25/.50 game online now. Why would you use it at all? (you know it means games with 6-8 players on the flop, not 6-8 players at the table, right?) I doubt you were really using that chart anyway because 18% VPIP seems really low for that chart.

These results could be solely variance, but it's likely to be a mixture of bad luck and bad play either from tilt or misapplying SSHE concepts.

15k hands isn't a lot either way, if you feel like you're playing well don't worry about results yet.

Edit: Generally, your stats are good for FR at this limit (with the exceptions above)
Old 10-22-2007, 02:48 PM

When I find myself playing weak tight which is what you are doing despite your overaggro, I drop a level and loosen up.

Couple this with your aggro abilities you should do well if you are afraid of losing too much money.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:58 PM

You probably too often c/c flop and c/r turn, or/and dont protect enought often your hands at flop with raise.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:59 AM

15,000 is not really big enough of sample size to determine if you are a loser or a winner. I think you can be winning player at 17/8 (though I think whether you can be a winner at these stakes or not really depends on the quality of the games b/c the rake is so high). You def fold your BB too much and don't steal enough.

How many tables do you play? If the games are getting tougher, you really need to pay more attention to how people play, particualryl around the blinds. Focus on opneing up a little bit and making more money in marginal type situations. You might lose in the short term, but Ithink it would help.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
15,000 is not really big enough of sample size to determine if you are a loser or a winner. I think you can be winning player at 17/8 (though I think whether you can be a winner at these stakes or not really depends on the quality of the games b/c the rake is so high). You def fold your BB too much and don't steal enough.

How many tables do you play? If the games are getting tougher, you really need to pay more attention to how people play, particualryl around the blinds. Focus on opneing up a little bit and making more money in marginal type situations. You might lose in the short term, but Ithink it would help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 2 tables. Just the right pacing for me to take notes and look at 16 other opponents.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play 2 tables. Just the right pacing for me to take notes and look at 16 other opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sample size is an issue. But if you cant beat micro limits FR while 2 tabling you are simply not good enough.

You have to do a better job studying the game

From your stats its clear that you have huge leaks preflop.

Stop folding
Stop folding
Stop folding
Stop folding
Stop folding
Stop folding

You have to be much more positional aware.

Your vpip OTB should be at least twice as high as your vpip UTG

An attempt to steal blinds at 27 is way too low. Get that in the late 30'es. Given the nittyness of microstakes FR its fine if you get it above 40.

Fold you blinds a LOT less. You are simply bleeding in the BB. I play much higher stakes but my fold BB to steal HU is about 25%.

You have to get the fold BB to steal below 70. Somewhere between 50 and 60 is prolly fine for microstakes.

Dont listen to anyone who tells you to play tight. They dont get it - The want to get it. But they dont.

The only way you learn this game is to start adding marginal hands to your range and learn how to play them

Forget about the books for live full ring play and try finding some litterature on online play. SSSH and Lee Jones book is written for live games with 8 players to each flop. Online is a different animal.