Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 09:06 PM

Default 50NL - 6 max - AK fold?

I'm playing TAG 19/16/3, villain is 46/14/1 likes to limp a lot. His flop re raise range is very small here and my hand looks like what it is, is flop a fold?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $48.75
BB: $13.90
UTG: $79.80
Hero (MP): $68.55
CO: $105.55
BTN: $61.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, CO calls $2.50, BTN calls $2.50, SB folds, BB calls $2.00, UTG calls $2.00

Flop: ($12.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $20.50</font>, Hero calls $12.50

Turn: ($53.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $53.75</font>, Hero folds
Old 09-14-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: 50NL - 6 max - AK fold?

I dont like callig the flop. IMO it is a fold. he isn't doing this with a single hand you beat/have reasonable equity against.

on the flop folding &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;shoving&gt;call ing

fold turn
Old 09-14-2007, 09:19 PM

easy fold on the flop. it's so multiway and you already represent a strong ace and he doesn't care. You beat only AQ.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:23 PM

I bet a bit more on the flop because it makes me feel better about my decision when I fold to the c/r. It's hard to fold here because you know you're ahead "some" percentage of the time, but I think in general we way overestimate how far we are ahead in these kind of spots. Players just don't raise lightly at these stakes and stacks relative to pot-size is just too big to stack off here.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:21 PM

hmmm AJ calling pf? dunno...AQ same thing....Pocket jack could be a hand villain is representing or 33.....
but heres my question to you guys:hero showed agg PF, ever happen that villains do not respect flop bets/raises simply because they know that you prob bet the flop cuz you raised PF?
thats a more general question of course in this case because it is multihanded i dont expect villain to have this line of thoughts

BTW UTG could have KQ and is attempting a semibluff/isolation raise and if he puts hero on AK and has a read that hero is able to do tough fold...MEH(not gonna happen here)...but in the end i dont see villain having anything else than 33 or hooks....lalalalalalal HAYHOOO !!!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:38 PM

Restlys,

I think AJ and AQ are still in villain's range. Can't rules them out from a limp/call UTG.

I don't think villain is thinking that hard here. Hero bet into a multiway pot after opening preflop - to not put him on at least an Ace is terrible, and to put him on only an Ace and think he'll fold it is extremely unlikely. So in most cases, villain is playing his cards here and has Hero beat imo.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:53 PM

true but i dunno, calling a multiway pot with AJ or AQ OOP is just such a stupid move in this situation i tend to believe villain aint that stupid to play them, but mb i overestimate him, his vpip is ridiculous

well theres a question, what do you guys assume when your playing a guy with such a massive vpip???
Old 09-14-2007, 11:08 PM

As much as I hate FOLDING TPTK to this type of villain I think it's the correct move...