Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 10:21 PM

Default NL 50 Nut flush draw + pair vs station

Villain is 52/10/1 over very limited sample, calls down light.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $45.80
BB: $61.55
UTG: $98.90
Hero (MP): $89.60
CO: $19.00
BTN: $50.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB checks

Flop: ($2) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.75</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $3.50</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.75

Turn: ($9) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5.00</font>, Hero ?

Should I raise the flop? If so, how much? If we get reraised on the flop, what's our line?

I wasn't sure what to do on the turn.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Re: NL 50 Nut flush draw + pair vs station

Raise preflop!!!

calling the flop is fine.

Not sure about turn. If he has J10 I doubt he is folding if we catch our flush..so calling here is OK imo
Old 09-14-2007, 10:28 PM

If you opened preflop I like the flop bet. Since you didn't I prefer a check. Also, I'm not a fan of the limp preflop - raise or fold and probably fold given your position - though not a huge deal - I just wouldn't make it standard.

As played, I fold the turn. If you hit 2 pair or even your set it's very possible your not good, so really just calling for the flush draw and I just wouldn't chase here.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:33 PM

As far as calling preflop- the players behind me were pretty tight and UTG is a huge fish so I was limping hoping to flop a big hand and stack him, it's not a play I normally make.

Interesting comments about turn so far, still not sure how I should have proceeded.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:38 PM

call turn
you have flush draw vs a bad player
Old 09-14-2007, 10:43 PM

i think the turn bet is a block bet because his hand is good enough to see Showdown but not good enough to call down huge bets with.....id Raise the turn 3x and see what happens, the 7 could be a scare card for him....so you got Some Fe
the way i see it if you call and the flush comes your hand isnt hidden so you might not stack him while if you raise him not only does it give you FE on the turn but it protects your hand cuz
- if he has 2 pair and is doing a block bet he might fold the turn
- if he has nut straigh, hes either calling or rr AI for another 32$ which is an easy fold- but if he calls your good to go on the river
- if he has set then hes prob only gonna call cuz the 7 makes him touch himself cuz he likes pain that way

* if he calls your turn raise then your good to stack him in any situation when you make your hand .....IMO
but someone put his range in pokerstove and see whatsup

chicken man....you are silly.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:46 PM

but i fold PF all the time i sure hope you mean you dont play this when you say you dont play this :P

- Bring your whipped cream bikini, and ill bring my lactose intolerence
Old 09-14-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the turn bet is a block bet because his hand is good enough to see Showdown but not good enough to call down huge bets with.....id Raise the turn 3x and see what happens, the 7 could be a scare card for him....so you got Some Fe
the way i see it if you call and the flush comes your hand isnt hidden so you might not stack him while if you raise him not only does it give you FE on the turn but it protects your hand cuz
- if he has 2 pair and is doing a block bet he might fold the turn
- if he has nut straigh, hes either calling or rr AI for another 32$ which is an easy fold- but if he calls your good to go on the river
- if he has set then hes prob only gonna call cuz the 7 makes him touch himself cuz he likes pain that way

* if he calls your turn raise then your good to stack him in any situation when you make your hand .....IMO
but someone put his range in pokerstove and see whatsup

chicken man....you are silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

SPEW