Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Why does everybody seem to hate Bush these days?

Don't forget the Katrina fiasco. Its hard not to feel the monkey rage build up inside you when you think about that.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:13 PM

Although I disliked him from the start I tried to cut him as much slack as I could. He has finally convinced me that, yes, he IS the arrogant, incompetent, imbecile that he appears to be. I used to tell people that he can't possibly be as stupid as he looks but, no, he is that stupid.

btw: His flying back to DC from Crawford to sign that last minute legislation during the Terri Schiavo fiasco was the last straw for me.

I'm hoping that there will be fireworks celebrations when he's gone. With some kind of appropriate 'good riddance' soundtrack to go with them.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I disliked him from the start I tried to cut him as much slack as I could. He has finally convinced me that, yes, he IS the arrogant, incompetent, imbecile that he appears to be. I used to tell people that he can't possibly be as stupid as he looks but, no, he is that stupid.

btw: His flying back to DC from Crawford to sign that last minute legislation during the Terri Schiavo fiasco was the last straw for me.

I'm hoping that there will be fireworks celebrations when he's gone. With some kind of appropriate 'good riddance' soundtrack to go with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

..and people still think voting is a good idea...
Old 07-24-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That pretty much captures my attitude toward Bush. It was always difficult to trust the grandson of Prescott and the son of George H.W., but I turned my head a few times. Then I realized what a total [censored] up ungodly idiot this man is.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:36 PM

Silly sillygoose, I've hated this guy for 7 years. He's worthless, how can anybody defend this President? Are you a gimmick account? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2007, 01:00 AM

First of all I'm not saying he is the best President of all time. There have been better. But he is one of the good ones. Given what he has had to confront I would say he has done a damned good job and I dare you to say otherwise. That's the point of this post. Also Nielso, this post makes you look not so wise with words such as rigged...also that's UNBELIEVABLE that you think 9/11 was an inside job. What are you retarded?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:02 AM

Why would America EVER want to destroy some of it's best buildings/big city? Wow is all I can say to that.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:12 AM

all I can say is: did your parents have any children that lived? Because you, obviously, are in some other, parallel universe where brain cells are the most valuable, least populous particle around. Bush invaded a country that had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, and was no direct threat to the U.S.; the "war on terror" has only strengthened Al-Queda and the recruiting therein; gay marriage: why do you give a rat's ass? and don't tell me "cuz that's what the Bible says", cuz it also says to have slaves, beat your women, and rape your daughters; abortion: why should you have any say so, dude, unless you have a vagina?; Iran and North Korea wouldn't be a threat if Bushit would quit acting like "to ignore a problem is to pretend it will go away"; the economy, wow; do you make over $100k a year? Because if you don't, let me tell ya, the economy doesn't feel so great; besides, the importance of the economy somewhat pales when compared to how the U.S. is viewed in the world community; and, last but not least, your assinine statement that Bushit is a "man of morals and integrity unlike his "former successor?" (isn't that an oxymoron?)btw: the word is predecessor. Bush has completely stomped on what makes (made?)this country so great: the Constitution. He has wiped his arse with it, and then laughed about it, PUBLICLY; he was told in the last election, by the people who supposedly put him in office, to change the way he is doing things in Iraq, and elsewhere, but he says 'nah, why change, when I'm leaving office soon anyway, who cares about a few American soldier's lives'; Clinton cheated on his wife; who cares? Bush was addicted to whiskey and coke; at least Clinton cared about human life; you call Bush a good christian, yet he careds not one bit about being honest with the voting public, nor about the lives of the soldiers; If I was Bush, I'd commit suicide; that'd be the best, most selfless thing he'd ever done...
Old 07-25-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know our country is not as good as it has been but in no way should that be viewed as the President's fault.

The price of being president is that you get all the credit and all the blame for everything that goes right and everything that goes wrong. The buck stops there.

Going to Iraq was a necessity at the time given the information we had and I don't think Bush gets enough respect.

He presided over an administration that one way or another gave him and the congress incomplete informaiton about WMD that turned out to be innaccurate. I don't believe he "lied" or that it's a big scheme to make money for big corporations. But I do believe that he did his best to error on the side of caution when faced with the threat of WMD. And in hindsight, he and his administration really screwed up. It's like playing a big hand in poker in which you put villain on a range of hands and "call" because you're ahead of his hand range. When he shows down the nuts, you may have made a "good decision at the time," but it's still your fault for getting stacked.

All in all Bush has done BETTER THAN ANYONE COULD given what he has had to confront in office.

This is impossible to prove or disprove. I believe he's doing his best. I also believe that I'm glad his term is up soon.

1. 9/11

2. War on Terror/Iraq War

These really weren't the same war until we invaded Iraq. But, now it is.

3. Gay Marriage/Abortion
I would advise people against both, but I'd prefer if the law allowed it. I don't like "conservatives" passing morality into legislation because you end up with laws against sending $ to poker sites and not being able to buy beer on Sundays.

4. Iran and North Korea (Big Four)

5. Economy (was going down when Bush entered office)
I am personally better off today than when Bush took office. I appreciate the tax breaks he made. I'll probably lose money when/if the Democrats get into office. For this, I'll give the current administration some credit.

Most important, he is a man of morals and integrity unlike his former successor. Clinton had NO Christian values whatsoever and whatever he did have it was a joke. I'd rather have a good Christan who may not speak perfectly than an atheist who speaks better than anyone.

I thought Jefferson was pretty good. But he wasn't a Christian in the sense that you might think of one. I'm not a big fan of guys who wear their religion on their sleeve while holding public office.

The point of this post is to make you think about how you would do were you in his shoes given the circumstances. Obviously, he's got some support as he won the past two elections.

Over half the country, by population, didn't even vote for him in the first election. Half the country always disliked and distrusted him except for a brief period after 9/11. And it's no surprie that late into his second term that he's getting bashed about the war as well as other administration problems and scandals. Second terms seem to be pretty tough on most presidents.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-25-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all I'm not saying he is the best President of all time. There have been better. But he is one of the good ones. Given what he has had to confront I would say he has done a damned good job and I dare you to say otherwise. That's the point of this post. Also Nielso, this post makes you look not so wise with words such as rigged...also that's UNBELIEVABLE that you think 9/11 was an inside job. What are you retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the one who titled the post 'Why does everybody seem to hate Bush these days?' So we give you reasons and you don't like them. His ratings are mighty low. What, you think the entire American public is dumb? Err, don't answer that question. Still they are not so dumb as to not recognize a bumbling buffoon when they see one.