Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Brag: PSY 400

Next semester there is a new class, PSY 400, the Psychology of Poker, taught by my favorite professor thus far(3 Sems. into Syracuse U.

Here is the link: http://psychweb.syr.edu/psy400.htm

I'm a psych major, and I play professionally while going to school like a lot of people on here, so this class is jin for me.

Beat: A lot of people in my class are going to be donks for sure. I'm pretty sure I know most of the solid players on campus and they can't take the class.

Variance: It seems like my professor is knowledgable in poker, and def. in Psych so hopefully this class will just fly by and also improve my game. $$$$

If any of you 2p2ers actually go to SU, SUNY ESF, or take classes over at SU plz take this class, I need someone to laugh at the donkeys with.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Brag: PSY 400

Will you make cliffnotes for us after each lecture?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:28 PM

wow, solid brag!
Old 11-08-2007, 02:28 PM

[x] jin
Old 11-08-2007, 02:35 PM

run better and b able to take this. srsly...why do i have to b graduating?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:42 PM

I'm considering taking it but don't know if I can deal with it...plus I hate night classes. Also, I'm pretty sure the professor is a 10 NL grinder. Also why the [censored] does he want a copy of my transcript before letting me in?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Next semester there is a new class, PSY 400, the Psychology of Poker, taught by my favorite professor thus far(3 Sems. into Syracuse U.

Here is the link: http://psychweb.syr.edu/psy400.htm

I'm a psych major, and I play professionally while going to school like a lot of people on here, so this class is jin for me.

Beat: A lot of people in my class are going to be donks for sure. I'm pretty sure I know most of the solid players on campus and they can't take the class.

Variance: It seems like my professor is knowledgable in poker, and def. in Psych so hopefully this class will just fly by and also improve my game. $$$$

If any of you 2p2ers actually go to SU, SUNY ESF, or take classes over at SU plz take this class, I need someone to laugh at the donkeys with.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he posts the lectures/powerpoint of notes online can you host them and post them here?
Old 11-08-2007, 03:06 PM

if i was a chick i'd totally take this
Old 11-08-2007, 03:09 PM

I highly doubt the professor is a 10NL grinder, I'll find out how advanced his poker knowledge is soon enough, but he's an amazing psychology teacher, and just learning to think about poker from a Psych. perspective would help a ton.

Oh yeah, there is also the chance that I won't get into the class, but considering I play Pro at mid-mid/high stakes and other students write stuff on their application like, "Phil Helmuth taught me to fold AK because if I'm all in, I'm almost always up against Aces", I like my chances.

I'll def post the lectures on 2p2(As long he posts notes, and doesn't object).

He needs your transcript to see if you have qualifications to be in the class, such as prior psych classes, stat classes, etc. He's not taking many students at all so he's being selective.

Oh yeah, plz let there be at least 1 hot girl in the class. I'm gonna pray to Patrik Antonius that there is at least 1 hot girl in the class.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:09 PM

The real brag is the money you can make setting up games with classmates and bombarding them with false-tells and other chicanery...