Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Mish-Mash VIII: Luckysville (GAME THREAD)

Imagine a city in which all its citizens share a common link: a highly creative quality to them which some could label as genius, and the majority would label as "insaneiac." However, Luckysville now features a dilemna: an extremist group known as the "Extreme FPS Squad" (shorthand for, Extreme Fancy Play Syndrome Squad) now seeks to topple Luckysville, believing that Luckysville's creativeness has NOT EVEN REACHED A FRACTION OF ITS POSSIBLE CAPACITY! They seek to topple Luckysville to implement their own extreme ideas.

It may end up, however, that the only way to fight FPS is with FPS...

Welcome to:
Mish Mash VIII: Luckysville.
Starting: Monday, June 4th, at 10 AM.

Player List:

CITIZENS OF LUCKYSVILLE (35)

ASPoker
ATrebek
Boiler
Chim
Chuckles
Clowntable
CPFB
DMK
Dustin
Eskimo
FCBL
Flsc
FMXDA
Fnord_too
Herbie
Iron_Yuppie
Jack
JCool
Kbar
Lastchance
Madtown
Marisa
Mark_K
MDD
Nez
Nicholasp27
Patton4
Scott
Skoob
Spook
Stephen H
TheSmell
Tokyo!!
WDCBooks
Zurvan

- The game will be fairly "standard" in that there will be one village and one wolf faction, with few neutrals.

- The roleset for this game will feature several exotic roles, representing the nature of Luckysville. There are no "vanillagers" in Luckysville. Everybody will have at least a small interesting power / quirk.

- While this is Mish-Mash, it has the Lucky balance tilt to it. The game should be, in theory, fairly balanced, and features little variance in terms of random effects. The variance will come from the actions of individuals...

- The game DAY phase will run from 10 AM Eastern to 10 PM Eastern each day. Weekends will be considered a single DAY.

- Since LuckayLuck is on the West Coast, he has enlisted the help of Co-Mod Neil S to handle the DAY post / early countifs.

- There will not be a roles list at the beginning of the game. There will be hints at roles in the storyline. Roles will be revealed on death. It is intended for most deaths to be able to be obviously traced to their killer/faction.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Mish-Mash VIII: Luckysville (GAME THREAD)

All of the following storyline posts take place the night just before the first game day...

Luckysville, under the watchful eye of Mayor LuckayLuck.
A town of prosperity. A town of peace.
A town in which creativity ruled the land.
But this town was on its way to destruction.

The night was shattered, as the town mascot, The Great Flying Pumpkin, was zapped...transformed...MUTATED!

And so, LORD PUMPKIN was unleashed into the world!

"I have learned to CONTROL my powers. MY PURPOSE IS NOW TO BRING CHAOS UPON GOOD AND EVIL ALIKE. My SOLE GOAL is to bring as much chaos as possible. FOOLISH FPS SQUAD -- DID YOU THINK YOU COULD HARNESS THE POWERS OF THE PUMPKIN? NOBODY CAN CONTROL LORD PUMPKIN!

Yes indeed, LORD PUMPKIN shall be last one standing and sole person to rule Luckysville... "

The culprits? The only lead is a small note left behind...

What could this mean?
Old 05-30-2007, 05:52 AM

Meanwhile, at the Luckysville Police Station

Good old reliable Luckysville Police. Luckysville has a reputation for great cops - they are well known for pushing the envelope and often "freerolling" for evils all the time due to "ballerness." As well, many recruits have recently joined Luckysville, since many citizens of Luckysville have found out that they truly want to be a cop. Not all are cut out for this detective work, and some are still in training. In fact, due to the carelessness of one such recruit, it has been leaked out to the general public that the Luckysville Police have undertaken a top secret project to capture a highly dangerous criminal who appears to have arrived at Luckysville...

But all that seems like a secondary concern as reports of Lord Pumpkin's escape leaks in. A wave of doom washes over the police force as they realize that the "Hyachachachacha!" message can only mean one thing: it is the Extreme FPS Squad making their move to take over Luckysville. The police station is in uproar, with cops scrambling all around, when suddenly...An object is thrown through the Luckysville Police Station window with a crash! It explodes and a chemical gas starts rapidly spreading through the room. The cops have no time to duck for cover. Suddenly, one cop points at another and exclaims:

"Announcement: I am a cop! I investigated HIM. He is EVIL! Get 'im!" The cop points his finger at one nearby puzzled cop.

All the cops quickly pin the accused cop down only to hear him counter-claim:

"Announcement: I am a cop! I investigated this guy accusing me. He is GOOD! Why is he blaming me?!"

As the cops ponder what the significance of these claims and counter-claims mean, more join in these outbursts:

"Wait! This guy's innocent! Announcement: I am a cop! I investigated this guy, he's GOOD! You must be insane or random or something! You some sort of rookie? What is going on here?!"

"Boss, that gas was truth serum! I can't stop it! I've got to say it! I feel like each day, I have to announce that I am in fact a cop, as well as who I investigated the previous night and its result!"

"Ah, hell...that's no good...alright, men, it is clear that something is abrew here! GET OUT THERE AND GET A NIGHT ZERO INVESTIGATION AND CAPTURE THOSE FPS SQUAD HOOLIGANS!"

"Yes sir!"

"AND GET A FLIER OUT TO THE CITIZENS OF LUCKYSVILLE! They're going to have to help us here and help give us cover by pretending to be cops, or we'll just be sitting ducks as whoever did this to target!"

"Yes sir!"

"Now get out there and find us who did this! And one last piece of advice to you cops...I know that we are forced to publicly claim cop and give who we investigated as well as their alignment of GOOD or EVIL each night, but we CAN lie about what the result came up. Sometimes, in this field of duty, we need to FPS to stay alive and get our job done. We may have to Fight FPS with FPS! Now Luckysville Police Squad - get out there and show whoever did this why we're the best! Dismissed!"
Old 05-31-2007, 05:59 AM

At Mayor LuckayLuck's Office

As usual, Mayor LuckayLuck was up late in Luckysville, working hard and implementing policies to keep moving Luckysville forward and always at the cutting edge of the world.

LuckayLuck takes a glance at the AIM message that pops up on his computer:

LckyCop76: We've got a problem! The FPS Squad is beginning their assault on Luckysville! And they left a message for you: "Tell Mayor LuckayLuck that we will leave him alive so he can watch his precious city get destroyed. Hyachachachcaha!"
LuckayLuck: OMG, Report! Sounds like wolves!
LckyCop76: The police station was attacked by the FPS Squad! They've already hit the station with truth serum, all our cops are being forced to claim each day, and th-
LuckayLuck: 'Sup? You somehow got cut off mid-sentence on an AIM message somehow. How's that even possible?
User LckyCop76 is not available.

"Inconceivable! They've cut off my internet access! But little do they know, I've prepared a contingency plan, just in case this should happen..."

"Yes...my top secret IBM PC Model 5150. Specially wired up with backup internet access in the specific event that some evil gang attempts to take over Luckysville. Yes, I've thought of everything...I will give some top secret information to my trusted advisors...holy 4.77 MHz? This could take a while...but I'll get the message across, even if it takes several days... they messed with the wrong Sicilian..."
Old 06-01-2007, 02:06 AM

*ring, ring, ring!*

"Hello?"

"...Is that so? They're lynching people there? Oh wow...Getting lynched in Luckysville is everything I've ever dreamed of. I'll be RIGHT THERE!"
Old 06-02-2007, 07:12 AM

The following notices are posted all over Luckysville, as well as mailed to every single citizen in Luckysille.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:30 AM

"WHAT THE HELL????"

"WHAT IS THIS CRAP? THE PEOPLE HERE ARE CRAZY. THEY'RE ALL CRAZY. COP-CLAIMS ALL DAY LONG. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE. I, NITTY NINJA, WILL PURGE THIS WORLD OF ALL AND ANY FPS."
Old 06-04-2007, 08:35 AM

Luckysville is awaken with the Luckysville Announcement Broadcast System.

*crrrk*
"Announcement: This is Mayor LuckayLuck. Luckysville is now under attack by the extreme FPS Squad. Citizens of Luckysville, lynch those who seek to topple this grand city!"
*crrrk*

Player List:

ASPoker
ATrebek
Boiler
Chim
Chuckles
Clowntable
CPFB
DMK
Dustin
Eskimo
FCBL
Flsc
FMXDA
Fnord_too
Herbie
Iron_Yuppie
Jack
JCool
Kbar
Lastchance
Madtown
Marisa
Mark_K
MDD
Nez
Nicholasp27
Patton4
Scott
Skoob
Spook
Stephen H
TheSmell
Tokyo!!
WDCBooks
Zurvan

It is DAY!
10:00PM is GOOD, 10:01PM is NO GOOD
Old 06-04-2007, 08:37 AM

** MOD NOTE **
Until 5-6ish PM (EST), all questions / comments should be directed to Neil S, who will also be countifing.
** MOD NOTE **
Old 06-04-2007, 08:41 AM

hi