Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games

View Poll Results: Should OP go to the felt here?
Yes 7 53.85%
No 6 46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2007, 07:59 PM

Default AS-XII GAME THREAD

MEMO TO POGGLESBURGERS FROM THE MAYOR

Well, it is that time of year here in Pogglesburg, Taxes are due!

As you all know our tax rate here in Pogglesburg is 95%. Some of you actually think that may be a little high, but there is a lot of pork… Uhh I mean projects that need to be funded.

Each day, I would like you to pick a citizen of Pogglesburg and audit their tax return to ensure that I am…. I mean the city is getting all the revenue that we want.. uhh need. Vote amongst yourselves, and whoever is chosen by the committee will be audited.

I am sure that there are at least 4 tax cheats (wolves) among you.

Kenneth Lay
Al Capone
Richard Hatch
Pete Rose

I also know that H+R Block (seer) is here. He has a good nose and can sniff out tax cheats really well. Each night he can look over a return and determine if it is fraudulent or not.

Pogglesburg depends on you. I need to make sure… Uh I mean we need to make sure that all the tax revenue is accounted for. Don’t let me… Uh I mean us down!

RULES:
The following rules are copyrighted 2006 by KYROS MOM INCORPORATED from ASVI. I have made a few changes, but the general rules are hers and I want to make sure she gets full credit for her work. Credit also to Sighing, and any other Mod whose work has been stolen.. Uhhh I mean utilized here for the benefit of this game.

RULES

AFK
If you have signed up, please play. It is unfair to the others to sign up and then go AFK or “lose interest”. Everyone will be expected to post at least once a day – a day being between 8AM EDT and 10PM EDT.

If you do not post at least once during this time, you will be considered dead at 10PM that evening. If a sub is available, they will come in as your replacement. The replacement will be announced at 10PM EDT. If there is no replacement, your death and role will be announced instead. No exceptions.

If you are going to be gone for a day or two, that’s perfectly fine. Just PM me and let me know. I will let the village know that you are “on vacation”. (You may also tell them, if you wish). You can still be lynched by villagers or eaten by wolves, but I will not kill or replace you during that time.

Lynchings
There will be one lynching a day the person with the most votes will be lynched. . A majority before 10PM EDT may constitute a lynching. This will be decided as the game goes on. We will use Sighing’s “lock vote” method which will be explained if necessary.

Nightfall
Nobody should be posting after nightfall. I realize that some people like to celebrate a wolf lynching – I am okay with that. But no names, hints, strategies, etc are to be posted. The lynched party may post their dying words. Please do not post anything between NIGHTFALL and the announcement of the lynch. I have seen games ruined by someone who incorrectly calculates the lynch and posts a “LOL VILLAGE” or “GG WOLVES” or other miscellaneous howling.

After a 10PM automatic lynching, the wolves and seers have until 8am EDT to submit their picks. Please PM the result to FCBLComish and to VOJ. I would appreciate being invited to wolfchat. My AIM is FCBLComish.

Your first pick is binding. If I do not hear from a wolf within the allocated timeframe, there will be a random villager death. If I hear from 2 wolves, I will take the first wolf’s pick….so be sure you agree. If I do not hear from the seer in the allocated timeframe, they will receive a random “sight”.

Wolves and seers can PM me early, if they are going to be away for a longer period of time, and are afraid they will miss a lynching. If they do, that PM will only be used if I do not hear from them within the allocated timeframe. I will use it instead of a random choice.

Please be sure you want to post what you are posting before you post it….in case a final vote shows up while you are typing. POSTS ARE NOT TO BE DELETED! If you accidentally post after a final vote or once night has fallen – you are stuck with that post. You are not to delete it. You may only edit for punctuation/spelling/bolding and must note what you changed. Otherwise, you are stuck with it. The reason for this is because one person may see that post. And if one person sees it, then everyone is entitled to see it. It is now officially part of the game thread.

During the day, you can post anything you want. You can make up whatever truths or lies you want. It is my opinion that when people “deduce someone’s role” based on information outside of the game thread – they are more often wrong than right. The only rule that stands is no game communication is allowed with other players outside of the thread – except for wolves at night.

Even if you are dead, please do not communicate with others in the game about the game until the game is over.

Voting
You may vote, you may unvote, you may vote yourself. Only votes outside of quotes will be counted. There will be no unvoting once we reach Must Lynch.

IT IS STILL NIGHT
Old 03-28-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: AS-XII GAME THREAD

I will be sending out role PMs now. Everyone will receive one.
IT IS STILL NIGHT
Old 03-28-2007, 08:40 PM

MEMO FROM MAYOR QUIMBY TO POGGLESBURG

I have appointed the following people to the Audit Committee:

Dustin
DMK
MDoranD
Neil
Luckay
Boiler
SH3.0
Nez
Soah
Bojtun
FMXDA
Siegmund
Shortline
Books
EsKiMo SiCkNeSs
Jack Bando
Matrix

Each day, I would like you to pick a citizen of Pogglesburg and audit their tax return to ensure that I am…. I mean the city is getting all the revenue that we want.. uhh need. Vote amongst yourselves, and whoever is chosen by the committee will be audited.

IT IS STILL NIGHT
Old 03-28-2007, 08:51 PM

All players should have received a role PM, and Voj should have received all player roles. If anyone has not received their role, or has a question, please PM and let either of us know.

Voj will open the thread around 8AM. HAVE FUN!!!

IT IS STILL NIGHT
Old 03-28-2007, 10:41 PM

I have received read receipts from everyone except for 1 villager. I feel confident that everyone who signed up will be ready to go go go tomorrow!

IT IS STILL NIGHT
Old 03-29-2007, 07:33 AM

The town of Pogglesbourough is a calm place during the night.. So calm indeed that after 10pm all citizens sleep. All ? .. Well not all. A group of 4 tax cheaters is gathered in a basement and discuss the best way to avoid paying taxes.. Distgusting huh ?
Well, this night they're not the only ones awaken. During the night, the whole city walls are covered with public notices :

Situation really seems serious this time..
Voj, the head of the audit commitee is interviewed by all radios in the morning : "The tax incomes of the city have been lowered to a point where I won't be able to take holidays in Europe this summer, huh.. where the city just can't be ruled properly. This is solely the fault of a few citizens cheating me ... huh the city and therefore you. We will need the cooperation of everyone of you to find them.
Unfortunately, our audit commitee can audit only one person every night as you all know we're so busy drink.. huh working hard for the wealth of every citizen. So please, let us know who the cheaters are, otherwise the actual taxes rate of 95% will have to be rised by 6%"
So there you are, find them.

IT IS DAY
Old 03-29-2007, 07:34 AM

Dustin
DMK
MDoranD
Neil
Luckay
Boiler
SH3.0
Nez
Soah
Bojtun
FMXDA
Siegmund
Shortline
Books
EsKiMo SiCkNeSs
Jack Bando
Matrix

17 players. 4 cheaters. 1 seer.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:35 AM

indeed it is
Old 03-29-2007, 07:51 AM

***Not in the game***
I could provide some advice on the federal income tax [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
***not in the game***
Old 03-29-2007, 08:10 AM

Good morning.

I haven't played with some of these poggers, which is always fun.

I'm pretty much vanillager. So proceed accordingly.