Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
It isn't easily avoided when I've been drinking for 6+ hours and I'm hungry. There's no decision. I'm driving.

[/ QUOTE ] lol wow. Well I would say maybe you shouldnt drink so much? or quit drinking. Obviously you dont care about anyone but yourself and need to get trashed. I hope you get a similar situation like the op. Maybe it will knock some sense into you.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blowing .08-.10 is 5-6 beers in an hour in most guys (180-200 lbs). If a person isn't impaired at all 5-6 beers downed in a hour, they are probably an alcoholic. Most people are significantly impaired 5-6 down, but if someone isn't, and that someone is driving, that person is heading down a dark road.

[/ QUOTE ]
You stumbled across another interesting point about why the laws are effed: people who are regular drinkers function "normal" at much higher BAC thresholds than those who are light/occasional drinkers. Take the guy I know who 8+ hours after his last drink was still somehow >.03, despite not being hungover or drunk. From what I've discerned he probably has a problem with the bottle but deliberately never, ever drives after drinking anymore to avoid putting himself or others at risk or to get popped again.

As for the "dark road" where they are over the legal limit but can function just fine, are you suggesting that people be punished for having a problem with alcohol? That's sort of adding insult to injury, isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, its easy to blow a 0.03 8 hours after drinking despite not being hungover. A hangover is *mostly* caused by dehydration caused by the diuretic affects of alcohol. If you got wasted the night before, it takes awhile for the alcohol to be processed. The reason why the threshold is set so low for your friend is because his probation is trying to break the habit of him driving while intoxicated at all. In fact, the state is even kind enough to let him drive after breaking the law.

I know you aren't suggesting that standards for driving drunk should be affected by tolerance, right? 5 beers in an alcoholic may affect him less than me, but it still affects him significantly negatively. If someone is dropping 5 beers and driving, when will it be 7 or 9 or blackout? That being said, its not a punishment for a problem with alcohol, its a punishment for driving drunk, just because you handle alcohol better than your average person doesn't make you qualified to drive impaired.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It isn't easily avoided when I've been drinking for 6+ hours and I'm hungry. There's no decision. I'm driving.

[/ QUOTE ] lol wow. Well I would say maybe you shouldnt drink so much? or quit drinking. Obviously you dont care about anyone but yourself and need to get trashed. I hope you get a similar situation like the op. Maybe it will knock some sense into you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man you must have an awesome internet soapbox
Old 11-24-2007, 06:43 PM

And I hope you get hit by a drunk driver. That would knock some sense into you, DUCY?
Old 11-24-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blowing .08-.10 is 5-6 beers in an hour in most guys (180-200 lbs). If a person isn't impaired at all 5-6 beers downed in a hour, they are probably an alcoholic. Most people are significantly impaired 5-6 down, but if someone isn't, and that someone is driving, that person is heading down a dark road.

[/ QUOTE ]
You stumbled across another interesting point about why the laws are effed: people who are regular drinkers function "normal" at much higher BAC thresholds than those who are light/occasional drinkers. Take the guy I know who 8+ hours after his last drink was still somehow >.03, despite not being hungover or drunk. From what I've discerned he probably has a problem with the bottle but deliberately never, ever drives after drinking anymore to avoid putting himself or others at risk or to get popped again.

As for the "dark road" where they are over the legal limit but can function just fine, are you suggesting that people be punished for having a problem with alcohol? That's sort of adding insult to injury, isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, Tuq you are retarded. There is a huge difference between feeling impaired and being impaired. No human being can blow a .08 and not be measurably impaired despite how totally in control they feel.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, Tuq you are retarded. There is a huge difference between feeling impaired and being impaired. No human being can blow a .08 and not be measurably impaired despite how totally in control they feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but what happens to an alcoholic / someone who drinks constantly is you can have a lot more beers before you blow a .08; eg it might take you 2-3, while an alcoholic might be able to have 6 or 7 beers and blow a .0698 or something
Old 11-24-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but what happens to an alcoholic / someone who drinks constantly is you can have a lot more beers before you blow a .08; eg it might take you 2-3, while an alcoholic might be able to have 6 or 7 beers and blow a .0698 or something

[/ QUOTE ]

false
Old 11-24-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never understood the vehement anti drunk driving rants, people acting like it's one of the more horrible acts a person can commit

Of course it is reckless and irresponsibile, but to get worked up to the point where you wish someone excessive jail time, to feel the anger and disgust you feel towards those who rape and kill just seems bizarre to me. Unless, of course, you lost someone to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that is a very easily avoided crime. Don't [censored] drive while drunk, its not hard. It's not a crime of passion, or being in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Its a crime of putting everyone else's life in danger so you don't have to call a cab or spend the night in a hotel. The fact that drunk driving is so easily preventable and that it can cause so much damage is what bothers ppl the most

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, itīs not "well said". OP didnīt intend to endanger people, in fact he was honestly believing that he would never drive drunk again after the first incident, and yet he was not able to prevent it from happening again. He isnīt even able to remember that the incident heīs convicted for even took place, so while it may have been "possible" for him to prevent it by not getting drunk in the first place, for some people doing so is far from "easy".
Old 11-24-2007, 06:49 PM

Using an hour as the time frame is retarded. That same person is illegal after six beers over four hours. That is barely sipping for an evening, and they sure as hell can function normally after that.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

false

[/ QUOTE ]

actually it's true, but thanks for playing