Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 05:43 PM

Default Fun w/ 97s

Party Poker 3-6 6max, 6 handed. MP is 38/12/1.3, CO is 70/0 after a whopping 23 hands. I'm not even going to consider the aggression stats I have on him.

Preflop:
MP limps, CO limps, The Dude completes in the SB w/ 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB checks.

Flop: (4 SBs) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 Players)</font>
The Dude checks, BB checks, MP bets, CO calls, The Dude calls, BB folds.

Turn: (3.25 BBs) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 Players)</font>
The Dude checks, MP bets, CO raises. The Dude?
Old 04-28-2006, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Fun w/ 97s

Fooooooooooooooooold. There are so many two pairs that have you beat and your gutshot could be to a split. If you led the turn I would call one raise and then check/call one bet (maybe overcall) on the river. I don't think that players who play 70% of hands without raising a single one preflop wait until the turn to raise flopped top pair (regardless of your few hands on him.)
Old 04-28-2006, 05:50 PM

I'm not thrilled w/ the flop peel. Your 9 is vulnurable to OC redraws, and your gutterball outs are somewhat tainted by the flush draw. I'd fold. And then I fold the turn.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not thrilled w/ the flop peel. Your 9 is vulnurable to OC redraws, and your gutterball outs are somewhat tainted by the flush draw. I'd fold. And then I fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is almost exactly what I would have said. If the pot was bigger on the flop I would like it, the only thing that you have going for you is implied odds vs another straight because you hold the 9 but a lot of things need to happen for this to make you moooolaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Actualy you only need to make up 2bb in implied odds, this is EASYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY with you 9, as long as you dont get married to a 9 here then the flop is fine, turn is a fold though given the circumstances.

True
Old 04-28-2006, 05:52 PM

It looks like a fold to me.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:10 PM

Folding the flop, although not as much fun, I believe is the better play. Redraws, reverse implied etc.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:44 PM

Fold. Your kicker's probably not good against a turn raiser even if top pair is, which is questionable in itself.