Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: RE: Josh

I honestly think you guys need to stage a highly publicized, mass boycott of Stars. It could be done the weekend of Niagara if they haven't addressed the issue.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't really think you can sue somebody for screwing you in an illegal activity do you?

"But your honor, I had 100K worth of crack that he stole."

[/ QUOTE ]
Online poker isn't illegal
Old 10-10-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't really think you can sue somebody for screwing you in an illegal activity do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but funding an account in the United States is. The court isn't going to order PS to fund a U.S. citizens account. DUCY?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but funding an account in the United States is. The court isn't going to order PS to fund a U.S. citizens account. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

POKERSTARS WOULD NEVER SHOW UP IN ANY US COURT FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS, EVER, DUMB CONVERSATION.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POKERSTARS WOULD NEVER SHOW UP IN ANY US COURT FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS, EVER, DUMB CONVERSATION.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant assuming a U.S. court had jurisdiction and that they would show up. I know that would never happen.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funding an account in the United States is not illegal if online poker is not illegal, which it is not except in certain states which have passed laws banning it. The UIGEA only banned transactions relating to illegal Internet gambling, as defined by other laws. It did not take any position on the legality or illegality of any underlying Internet gambling activity.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This also is not true.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:19 PM

holy crap someone cliffnote this.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This also is not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I misunderstand the law then, I don't know. Why did Firepay, Neteller, et al all stop funding online poker sites from the US if it's not illegal though?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This also is not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I misunderstand the law then, I don't know. Why did Firepay, Neteller, et al all stop funding online poker sites from the US if it's not illegal though?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously only they can fully answer this question, but it has a lot to do with the fact that they were, in addition to funding online poker sites, funding online sports betting sites, which are without a doubt against the law. This was the basis for the US Government's lawsuit against Neteller. Additionally, even though they are wrong, the US DOJ's official position, which they have never sought to have tested in court because they would lose, is that online poker violates the federal Wire Act. Thus, many companies don't have the guts to take on the DoJ, especially since the entirety of their operations probably could not withstand close scrutiny.
Closed Thread