Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Multitabling stud

How many tables do you guys play when playing stud? Is it even possible to multitable when you have to do the counting cards technique?
Old 02-05-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Multitabling stud

I don't play stud primarily, but from my limited experience playing HORSE and multitabling with some other games, it's very annoying to have three of a suit and have the window pop up with five players already folded, so that you don't know how many of your suit there were in those folded doorcards. I bet at low limits this just doesn't make that much difference; still it seems like Stud is not the best game for multitabling.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:58 PM

That is why I tried to play it and got bored. But I also heard some players do it. Are there any programs that would show you dead cards? It is pretty unlikely, but would be nice if there were.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:13 PM

I max out at 2 Stud Hi tables. AT Pokerstars you can shrink the tables and put them side by side making it easier to follow both screens. I dont recommend playing multiple games on multiple tables, ie 1 stud hi, 1 stud 8 and 1 razz. Too confusing
Old 02-05-2007, 02:21 PM

What about same game? Only 2? I play 6 tables hold'em and it seems pretty boring to play just 1 or max 2 tables stud. I just ask if it is possible.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:10 PM

If I'm playing 5/10 or below, I feel I can play ABC Poker and 8-table. (Here's a pic of me doing that while wearing my cool poker pajama pants!).

It's not for everyone, and if playing higher than 5/10 I stick to 4 tables, with the other monitor using Pokertrackers Gametime Window.

I take a break every half hour, and run through Pokertracker, looking at any stats on players then add it to their notes. This helps a lot in regard to determining how to play hands.

I have to focus on this 100%, and thankfully I have an excellent memory for this sort of thing, plus the ability to completely forget about the dealt cards at a table from the prior hand.

And I've tried mixed games at the same time for a lark, and it just doesn't work. It requires you to stop and think, which while doing this you really can't.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:28 PM

I play (2) tables and always the same flavor. Anything beyond that is difficult for me to play my "A" game.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:34 PM

2 Tables for me.

edit: I actually find playing 6 or more tables of HE extremely boring. It's not really poker (at least to me). It's just me doing my best bot impersonation. I have no reads other than some numbers from some HUD.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:07 PM

But 6 tables is good. Is there really no chance there could be some programm which would remember which cards are dead already? It shouldn't be hard to make one.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:30 PM

Using such a program would violate the rules of most sites and be somewhat dubious ethically.

When playing online, I usually played exactly two tables. I can't even play three tables of hold'em. I think I'm going to stick with one table from here out.