Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Rageotones takes Vegas by storm...(1/4-1/7 TR)

don't expect any updates until later this evening after work and what not.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:17 PM

But what am I supposed to do at work if I can't continue reading your saga? Just kidding, but I am getting busier. Guess I'll have to visit 2+2 at home. Thanks for writing it.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:19 PM

"6 in the face and an 8 for the body"...is a butterhead...as in, everything about her was good, butterhead (but her head)...keep going!!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
part 4
my notes say

"27T B
check around
7 turn call 10
river blank call 20 ship it"

let me know if you know what that means.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason, this made me laugh pretty hard.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
12 hours since last one?
Get moving slacker!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm here to read - get part 5 posted asap!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:47 AM

part 5

so i ended up crashing around 5 a.m.ish hoping to get a good night's sleep since i don't have my tourney until 4. boy was i wrong. i wake up around 10 am feeling like ass. seriously, all i want to do is sleep off this hangover so i can have a good day.

i lay in bed for about an hour failing to fall back to sleep and decide that i'm hungry. and then i get the itch. i told myself i was going to get some good food in this trip. where is it that i decided that i absolutely HAVE to eat? well, somewhere that i can get anywhere i decide. CHIPOTLE bitches. oh man, that barbacoa is like the best thing ever. i hope in the shower, and then head north to the little food court that's just on the other side of harrah's.

so, that little indention type thing that you have to go around in front of harrah's really pisses me off. i dont' know why, but the fact that i can't just walk directly parallel to the strip for that segment is annoying as hell...just a thought.

anyway, for some reason, the place has a ridiculous amount of hot chicks in it. no idea why, but i remember thinking it was an abnormal ratio of hot-chickness. i get my barbacoa burrito, it is awesome like always(make sure to get the corn salsa stuff, or you're missing out), i finish it in about 3 minutes, and i head back to harrah's.

i sit down at a $10 bj table or a few minutes. nothing of interest happens besides the fact that i make a little bit of money(which is unusual), and i head to the poker room.

i decide that i just want to take it easy and relax(i'm still feeling kind of hungover), so i take a seat at a 1/2 nl table after putting my name on the 3/6 list. before i can even play a hand, they ask if i want the 3/6 seat, and i head over. it's about 1 pm at this point, so i have about 2.5 hours before i need to be on the 2nd floor for the tourney.

i start donking off my chips faster than you can imagine. i forgot how unbelievably boring the 3/6 table is. there's nothing more miserable than being at a typically really slow table, but on top of that, like every single person take 1 minute to count out calls and raises. it's also a full kill table, so this only adds to the confusion b/c every once in a while, things are multiplied times 2. not everyone at the table took like 6 semesters of math in college, so i guess i should go easy on them. probably the most annoying is a guy to my right who gets really confused everytime there's a kill pot. but then, when you try to explain, he's like, "no no, just tell me how much money to put in." shortly later, during the next kill pot, "so why does that guy have 6 out in front of him"...."i owe 6 this time?!?!" sighhhhhhhhhh

the first hand that i semi-remember is a hand where i limp KQo in LP in a 3 bazillion way pot. the button raises, and everyone calls. i flop 2nd pair with the Q on a board of AQT. it checks to the button who bets, and everyone calls in front of me, so i take a card. a blank falls on the turn, and again, it checks to the button who bets. 1 caller in front of me, and i'm bored, so i call again. then the K comes on the river giving me 2-pair on a board of AKQTX, and i reluctantly call one last but. button shows J6s for the nuts, and the other guy mucks along with me. you have to raise pre-flop with J6 when you know you're going to end up with the nuts....gotta build that pot up. i just sort of chuckle, and make a note for how i should be playing later.

another hand doesn't involve me, but happens when a guy gets raised on the river, and just calls with the absolute nuts...KQ on a KKQXX board vs. someone else who had a straight or something. i idiotically make some comment about missing a bet.

well, less than an orbit later, i get heads up on the river with the same guy, and raise him when i river 3 of a kind. he re-raises me, and i'm like [censored]. he didn't 3-bet with the nuts, so i'm probably beat here. he of course only had like the 4th nuts this hand, but good enough to beat me. everything is going my way.

i start to super-spew at this point b/c i'm down to about 10 bb's, and for some reason, i come to the conclusion that i'll feel a lot better leaving broke vs. only being down about 110.

the next hand, i raise 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] pre-flop, b/c i have the feeling that this is the hand. things start going my way this hand when it ends up getting capped 7 ways for 5 sb's a piece. looks like i'm taking this all the way if i have any chance in hell of winning.

flop comes Q-high, and i end up with 2nd or 3rd pair with my 7 on a pretty uncoordinated board. some guy bets out, i raise, and someone re-raises behind me(was probably the J6 raise preflop guy), i just call this bet, after 2 or 3 guys cold-call, and we go to the turn. an A hits on the turn, and a new guy bets out, originally bettor on the flop calls, i just call, and J6 guy calls. i make a note that i need a miracle card, and the 8 hits on the river. guy to my right says, "well, that wasn't it," as i'm thinking saweeeetness. i puss out and just call a bet on the river fearing a better 2-pair, but i obviously win, and i rake a ginormous pot.

i lose a big pot later when i flop TPTK on a K-high flop with AKs after it was capped pre-flop. i bet out, and the guy who i was raising with pre-flop who is immediately to my left insta-raises me. at this point, i'm fairly confident that he has AA. i just call there, and end up calling 1 bet on the turn and river so that i can see he flopped top set with KK, and i'm just unlucky that i hit the card where i have to pay him off. oh well.

this guy was on one of those sick runs where he was winning 1 or 2 pots every orbit. it helped that he played every single hand that where he had a leg-up no matter what he had in order to "protect his kill button."

well, it somehow gets to 3:45 p.m. or so, and i leave down a few bb's, but no big deal. it's time to head up to the freeroll tournament where the real ballas roll.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
everything is going my way.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:38 AM

sorry guys, i feel like [censored], and i gotta get some sleep. i'll get back on it tomorrow. thanks for reading so far.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:52 PM

Still waiting...
Old 01-10-2007, 10:33 PM

part 6

so i make it up to the tournament a few minutes before 4 and take my seat. it's ridiculously packed in there and looks a lot like a wsop event. same tables, same dealers, etc. keep in mind this is a freeroll, so i'm not too worried about the competition.

the way it works...
the first day is basically a shootout, playing down to 2 of 10 players from each table. after day 1, all the players (20% out of 2800) will combine into a new tournament that will play like a regular mtt. so i'm basically playing a satellite to get to the next day.

i'm not really too worried about anyone at my table except for an asian kid about my age that sits immediately to my left in the 10 seat. we start with t1500 in chips, and blinds are 25/50 for 20 mins. i have a lot of experience w/sng's, so i'm not too worried about the format. i start the tourney in the co, and fold 45o. flop comes 446, turn 5, and i curse myself for making the right play. asian dude steals the pot from the button after it checks around on the flop and all the way to him on the turn. no big deal.

nothing exciting happens until i'm in the bb. a couple of folds, and the 3 seat opens to 150(3xBB). 4 seat calls, button calls, sb calls, so i throw in a 100 chip with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

flop comes A37 or something like that. i check. 3 seat bets 200, 4 seat calls, 2 folds, and i move all in for 1350 total. 3 seat calls, and 4 seat folds, and i know exactly where i'm at. he flips over AFace which i can't really see, and i turn over my A7. turn is a K!!!!...WTF...oh wait, he has AQ not AK.... river blank, i double up early and knock out the first player.

next hand, i'm in the SB w/J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and a few people limp. i'm about to complete when the button raises to 200(4xBB). i reluctantly fold, and one or two people call. flop comes 66X, i cringe, and action ensues. a guy check raises the button, and button calls, but folds w/only about t450 remaining on the turn. i cry b/c i'm 90% sure i could have knocked out a player or two on this hand.

later i raise a pot w/A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and a lady w/about 1500 calls. she checks a small board, and i go all in. she folds. easy money.

nothing important happens until the next level. with a few limpers, the crippled button moves in for t400 or so. i call w/K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the SB, and asian dude calls in the BB. it folds to a limper who moves in over the top for t325 more, i call, and sb calls. i flop a Q, and the asian dude and i check it down. button and asian both had TT, and other all-in had Q6, and i take down a nice pot while eliminating two players.

at this point, i'm cruising along nicely, and i've developed an unspoken mutual respect with the asian dude to my left. i have already decided that it will probably come down to the asian, the 2 seat, and me in the final 3 for the two seats, and the asian guy is 2nd in chips, so i'm playing pretty tight. i'm folding a lot when it's my SB vs. his BB b/c i don't want to get into any messes. this also alows me to pick up a couple of his BB's later b/c he puts me on a hand every time i raise.

fastforward to 4 handed. it's the asian, the 2 seat who looks like bill kowar...we'll call him bill, and a lady in the 7 seat with a saints symbol thing on her shirt...we'll call her saint.

the blinds have gotten pretty big...something like 200/400/50. the next hand i remember is her open limping in the CO/UTG for about 1/3rd of her stack, i fold, SB completes, and BB checks. it checks all the way to the river, and the SB wins with 46, she shows AQ, and BB shows Q7. lollerskates. i feel bad b/c she really doesn't understand at all what she did wrong, but is just kind of bummed that she lost the hand.

anyway, she keeps getting super short stacked in the SB when it's my BB, and i have about 75% of the chips in play. so i keep having to call when she pushes after it's folded to her in the SB. i call the first one w/1 over to her pair, and she wins. i call the second time w/to middle unpaired to her over and under, and lose again. at this point she's gotten enough chips to be kind of annoying.

the third time, i tell her that i'm actually going to have to look this time vs. the last two times. she pushes again, and i look down at T3o. sigh....i'll still have a big stack if i lose, and so i tell bill and the asian dude, "i'm doing this for y'all," and make the call.

she flips over K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] vs my T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
i whiff the flop as she hits a flush draw....crap this isn't looking good.
the turn is the beautiful 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , but i still have to dodge a gazillion outs, and the river blanks out. that's pretty sick, but oh well, i was bound to win 1 of the 3.

so we're down to 3 handed, and i'm sitting with about 10k out of the 15k in play. i fold once before picking up 99 in the SB. i raise 100 less than the right amount to put bill all-in. he thinks for a minute and decides to call b/c blinds are about to go up anyway. he flips over KX with one over to my 9's.

flop is JT4 or something, turn is an 8....woohoo, open ended, not that it matters, and river is another 8.

i'm about to shake his hand before i realize that he has trip 8's for the runner runner beat. bummer. i didn't even notice. oh well. now they both have a little over 2500 and i'm still in a great spot.

the next hand, the sb pushes, and the bb calls, and i'm thinking hells yeah b/c the sb only has him covered by a bb or so. the asian dude turns over A4 and bill turns over AT. the asian guy sucks out to knock out bill, and karma does her thing once again. too bad we all couldn't advance, b/c both the guys were pretty cool, and we had a good time. i managed to not play a big pot with the asian guy the entire time, not including the one hand that we checked down.

anyway, we both get our tickets to play at 11 the next morning, and all is well.

one funny note. at one point we hear all this ruckus, and i look a couple tables over, and about 4 down, and you see this douche all up in this guys face like "hell yeahs! this ain't no kiddie game!!!" HAAAAAAAAA

ZOMG, i wish i had this on video tape. it was a cheesy freeroll where like 80% of the field was eliminated in a matter of hours. i can't imagine what it's like to play at the wsop. anyway, i'm tired, and don't feel to hot, so i head back to my room to chill for a bit. i decide to stop by subway in o'sheas for a 6" meatball sub which is fantastic as overpriced as it may be (5.70-something), and then head to my room in bally's.