Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 07-01-2006, 08:21 PM

Default Re: HELP with Party situation

I would expect Party to do the right thing when your problem falls in the inbox of someone that is outside of the "ABC" mentality that is most of PP customer support.

Don't give up.

MS Sunshine
Old 07-01-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't post much here anymore. Once we moved to Arizona three years ago, I found myself not playing much online poker, so I kind of said farewell to the Zoo and moved on to the B&M forums.

Now, however, I find myself in a sticky spot with Party, due to not keeping up with the current rules on their site.

The problem is that we registered for Party back in the dark ages when they had one account per household rule. So I registered as FeliciaLee, in my name, not knowing at the time that I wouldn't like online poker. I rarely ever played, so Glenn became the primary user of Party. We never bothered to open an account in his name, especially with all of the hassle that Neteller has about having two accounts in the same household. In fact, I didn't even know until last week that Party allowed a husband/wife to have separate accounts.

Recently, I have had cancer and other ailments. We're being told by Party that I'm going to have to play the seat, anyway! With my current health status, this is NOT possible. Since we were conforming to their initial rules of 'one account per household,' we're hoping that they will be open to allowing my husband, Glenn (Domit), to play the seat.

I sent them an e-mail explaining the situation on Tuesday, but have not heard back, not even an automated reply.

After the chemotherapy treatments of cancer, there is just no way that I'll be able to play the grueling hours that this tournament will require, and I don't think they want to have ESPN covering me passing out at my seat because I was required to play, lol.

Has anyone ever been in this situation before? Has Party been accomodating or not? It's not like I'm trying to sell the seat, or even really transfer it, since we were playing under the rules that they had at the time we opened the account.

I'm just not sure what the next step is. If anyone has any information, please reply and help!

TIA,

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

bump

FL, i hope (and expect) party will make this right. i hope we finally get to meet.

if this does not work out, i will hire some goon to beat the shiit out of o'malley in front of the whole room.

keep us posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goon for hire here.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]
I will chip in $5 for this worthy cause.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:28 PM

If Party doesn't help, you could always try to tell your story to other sites and hope one will trade a seat for publicity at Party's expense.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:37 AM

Thank you all so much for your support. I heard back from Mike O'Malley very quickly. He is playing at Rio, but checks his mail in the evening. He said to give him a couple of days.

I never heard anything from the "events" people, the "VIP" people, or from the numerous phone calls and messages we left.

So that is where I am right now.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:16 AM

Keep emailing them, if you really just keep at them I imagine they'd be cool with this. Best of luck.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:42 PM

Mike was able to get everything squared away.

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. Thanks to the other Mike for suggesting O'Malley as a resource.

Thanks M.O'M. for taking care of it, and so quickly!

If anyone here ever needs my help for anything, please feel free to PM me.

Old 07-02-2006, 02:46 PM

glad it worked out FL. hope the cancer treatment is a success and the hubby does well at the tourney [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike was able to get everything squared away.

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. Thanks to the other Mike for suggesting O'Malley as a resource.

Thanks M.O'M. for taking care of it, and so quickly!

If anyone here ever needs my help for anything, please feel free to PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]

great job mo'm!