Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2006, 06:12 AM

Default New Books and Thanks for the Support

Hi Everyone:

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for their support concerning our two new books Harrington on Hold 'em; Volume III: The Workbook and No Limit Hold 'em: Theory and Practice. Right at this moment (3:00 am West Coast Time on Monday June 26) they have Amazon sales ranks of 76 and 69 respectively. Since these books have now been out for almost a full month we are just thrilled to see that they are selling at this rate and this wouldn't happen without the support from everyone who comes to this site.

Also, for those interested, we have now had nine different books make the Amazon.com top 100. This is just incredible for a company like ours (and yes I am bragging a little).

And since we're on the subject of new books, here's what I expect in the future. But first, let me say that this is all very tentative and the dates are certainly not firm at this point in time.

Winning High Stakes and Short Handed Hold ’em; Expert Limit Hold ’em for Serious Cash Game & Internet Players by Ray Zee and David Fromm looks like the fall of 2006.

Small Stakes No Limit Hold ’em: Winning Big With Expert Play by Ed Miller, Matt Flynn, and Sunny Mehta looks like either the end of the year or early 2007.

Harrington on Hold 'em; Volume IV: No Limit Cash Games by Dan Harrington and Bill Robertie looks like the spring of 2007.

There are also a couple of other books being kicked around. At this point in time it's too early to announce anything.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 06-26-2006, 06:28 AM

Default Re: New Books and Thanks for the Support

Wow - you kept HOH 4 quiet. Great news.

Cheers,
John
Old 06-26-2006, 06:32 AM

Hi Mason,

Great to hear that twoplustwo is doing so well! I have a question. What will be in harrington IV that is not in "No limit Hold'em, theory and practice?"
Old 06-26-2006, 06:39 AM

Hi Borknagar:

[ QUOTE ]
Great to hear that twoplustwo is doing so well! I have a question. What will be in harrington IV that is not in "No limit Hold'em, theory and practice?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea except to say that HOH: IV is, as far as I know, not a theory book.

Best wishes,
mason
Old 06-26-2006, 07:41 AM

Great to hear 2+2 doing so well. I just hope that you maintain your stance on quality first, and don't over-extend on output. It would be so easy to do with a demanding readership forever clamouring for new titles.

At the moment, all one needs to know about a 2+2 publication is that it is a 2+2 publication - the quality is taken for granted. It takes a lot of hard work to build that kind of trust into a brand - long may it continue!
Old 06-26-2006, 08:27 AM

Nice Hand Mason ... Very nice hand indeed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Paul
Old 06-26-2006, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Harrington on Hold 'em; Volume IV: No Limit Cash Games by Dan Harrington and Bill Robertie looks like the spring of 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wowza.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:14 AM

Mason,
Word is there is a spectacular online professional that goes by Professor77 offering high-quality instructional videos that provide such insight that he single-handedly elimates the need for further poker literature. Nonetheless, I'll still continue to purchase 2+2 books so that you can continue to feed your family, but only the NL books.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wowza.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you've gone and done it, Mason. You've listened to your customers and are producing exactly the product they all want.

I hope your lawn is comfortable. Me and a few hundred of my best poker buddies will be camping out in your yard come the first of March.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow - you kept HOH 4 quiet.

[/ QUOTE ]I haven't even picked up HoH3 yet. Now I might as well just wait for the boxed-set.
-Sam