Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Help for Our Spanish Publisher

Hi Mason, I hope you are fine.
My name is Luciano, and I am the webmaster of the number one poker content website in Argentina (I think it's better to ask for your permission before posting the domain here).
We translate several poker articles and news by week, and we have contacts for distribution and commercialization in Argentina and in the hispanic southamerica, that I think can be useful for you.
As a student of the game, I have read more than ten books from 2+2 and at least five more from others authors. I used to work as a professor, I have published my own articles and books (not in this subject -group management and philosophy, actually) and I have graduated in English at a prestigious institute here.

I hope this can help. Please let me know if you need anything else. Kind regards.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:01 PM

Hello,

I'm Spanish, from Madrid, and have been working for one year translating technical documentation. Besides from this, I've already devoured three of your books and the posts of this forums.

I'm only too well qualified for this job.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:49 PM

hi Mason,

I am spainfull, from Zaragoza, Spain. I have translated into spanish several articles from 2+2 forums and also excerpts from 2+2 books. My blog is http://nolimitsloser.blogspot.com/ .There you can see some examples. I am a very active and known member in spanish poker forums, playing different games for several years. I have also written my own articles, some based on software programs (I am a computer engineer): http://spainfull.blogspot.com/

Moreover, I have read more than fifteen english poker books (and no poker related, basically tons of technical books about computing) and I know the proper poker terminology in both languages (I have translated and extended the "Lingo and Abbreviations" from ajmargarine). I love reading and writing (mainly if it is about poker). I think I could make a great work, I really care about grammarian, orthography, style and all that kind of boring stuff [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. I am very meticolous and analytical, in summary, a perfect candidate [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Kind regards,
José Alberto.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:08 PM

Dear Mr Malson,
I'm an Spanish entrepeneur and play Poker with great success online and local tournaments.Since a few months I bear on mind to carry out a project to translate into Spanish the best poker books.The problem lied in the fact that I was busy with other business but your post seems interesting for me, so I'd like to contact you for further information about your project. Even I may translate them by myself , the idea is to launch a company to translate them in order to get a professional way of work.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:24 PM

Hi dasziel:

First off, we already have a publisher for our Spanish books. They are the ones who have the rights to them, no one else.

Also, our Spanish publisher is following this thread and if any contact is made, it will come from them, not directly from us.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:56 PM

im from argentina and i dont want to translate those publications, just read them and tell you what things are going well and what dont in spanish

<3
Old 09-25-2007, 07:45 PM

Hello,

I live in Spain also and I've made several translations too. I've been working for an online poker room translating it's web page as well as it's software, newsletters, etc. I've even made subtitles for FTP Round Table videos which you will find at youtube.com by searching "malagatexasclub" videos.
I have a wide experience with the grammar, spelling and poker specific terms. You will find some of my own translations and articles at malagatexasclub.com or at 52cartas.com, both of them are sites of my own.
I can send you a 20 pages set already translated from "Harrington on Hold'em I" if you desire to check out my work.
Right now I'm working for Card Player Spain, translating some articles from the American edition and writing my own ones.
Just contact me on raul[at]52cartas.com

Kind regards.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:11 PM

Hi Mr Mason,

My name is Andres Moncada and i am admin from www.Colombia-Poker.com, i am very interested in promote your books at my web site and at my conuntry, in spanish and in english,

i wish to be making bussiness with you soon

My mail is: saintmonkda@yahoo.com
colombiapoker@hotmail.com
msn messenger: saintmoncada@hotmail.com

regards