Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 06:38 PM

Default 12th in stars 50grand while puking

I commence the Stars daily 50K tournament which has 1200 people at 2:30. I had satelited in earlier but then i realized i had to be at a banquet at 730. Also i had a real bad migraine headache. By 530 there were probalby 200 players left and i was doing really well so it was decision time. First place was 11k but a long shot plus id feel bad standing up my partner who probably wouldnt go without me. I tried calling my friend who plays poker also but no answer. By 100 players left i was in the top 10 and vomiting so i called my partner and told her i couldnt come although i left out that i was playing poker i had just vomited so i couldnt feel that guilty. With 15 left i was feeling like it was meant to be I couldnt get a hold of my friend, puked, had to play it out, I was in first place, first is 11k top 8 are at least 1000. I was sure id make the final table. Also I felt like [censored].

Soon I get all in with JJ vs A5 with A5 trying to bluff me. 400k chip pot wouldve been in first by a lot but i was still in 3rd. Then my girlfriend called and while I was on the phone I made a check raise stupid bluff which was called by 2nd pair top kicker. I berated this guy but not the A5 guy. It sorta made me realize that sometimes you give people a hard time because you know you made a mistake rather than that they did.

I got 12th which was 300 dollars and a let down. Also I missed the banquet. My partner went with her roomate and hooked up with some DA downtown. She called me today and gave me details.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: 12th in stars 50grand while puking

manbearpig has to die!
Old 11-03-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
manbearpig has to die!

[/ QUOTE ]

you serial?
Old 11-03-2007, 07:16 PM

wait it was bearman pig right??