Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 07:54 PM

Default WMP lost it\'s marbles (and my files)

Ok, so I just bought a Sansa View 8Gb mp3 player. I'm all happy and excited. I go home, plug it in, and the bastard won't charge. Yargh! Oh wait, what's that little lock that keeps appearing? Oh, it's hold button is switched on for some reason, no worries.

So I go to add some songs via Windows Media Player. I've never syncced(sp) like this before, only having used iTunes or drag and drop for mp3 players in the past.

I try adding file after file to no avail, getting some error message about not being able to find the file. Rawr! Finally, just to show the mp3 player that the file is there, I crank up the speakers, unmute my pc, and double click a random song. Nothing. Just another error message.. Wtf?!

After some looking into it, it appears that my external HDD, which has always been H:\ is now listed in WMP as F:\. That's why it can't find my files. It's gone completely bat [censored] insane. Of course!

So... aside from removing all the 'lost' files and then readding them, is there anywhere I can go to just tell it where all the files really are? (I'm no wmp pro) Or do I have to just remove and re-find everything? (Which I've already done at this point)
Old 11-17-2007, 08:18 PM

Default Re: WMP lost it\'s marbles (and my files)

You should be able to rename the external drive to H and have it find them again. What version of Windows are you running?
Old 11-18-2007, 04:53 AM

Default Re: WMP lost it\'s marbles (and my files)

XP Pro.